boring....

about what I thought, Thank you for your time.

I will comment on the landscape ones- They are kinda flat, not enough depth and color

I made some adjustment using the selective color. Then I removed some CA from the sky. added a little vignette to draw the eye more into the center.

BRI_6658_3748 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

They're pretty weak as single shots. The only way shots like this would work at all (IMO) would be if they were part of a set that had a common style or theme. That way, you would be better able show that there was an idea or concept you wanted the viewer to grasp. Alone, these are too poorly executed to carry any coherent message, so the technical flaws are hard to justify.
What characterizes all of these shots is that they are essentially copies of what we have all seen before - many times. There is no hint of anything new or interesting and they aren't executed well technically.
Good pictures rarely just happen; they are the result of some combination of light, luck, insight, creativity, novelty and skill.
Good pictures have some combination of beauty, meaning, mood or mystery. Good pictures invite some response on the part of the viewer.

BWAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

lol

sleist said:
The last one is my favorite. The crop really helped the composition.

Agreed, the crop helped. Why? The cropping process eliminated that UGLY, grossly overexposed, bald sky, and the cropping pared the shot down to the foreground and mid-ground areas, and eliminated a third, distant plane which was over-exposed and detail-less and color-less. What makes these photos mostly unappealing in an overall sense is the rather flat, directionless light; the scene is basically shown bathed in an overall flood of open skylight...there's no real shadowing, and no direction to the lighting.

In short, this is light from everywhere, and from nowhere--and that is one of **the** single biggest issues with many casual landscape shots.

thanks guys, all beneficial insight.
it was taken mid day overcast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back