boston locations for band portraits

lisa_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i had NO idea where to post this, so please move it if necessary.

i'm shooting a friends band next month & i need a cool place to shoot in or around boston! they are a punk band, so we're looking for something either: industrial/factory, abandoned warehouse, or big open, overgrown field.

some friends and i are going to go to boston to scout some places out this weekend, but i wanted to ask here to see if anyone had any suggestions of places to go? i'm using all natural light so keep that in mind.

thanks for any and all suggestions :)

The snow from the last 3 days is not going to kill your outside plans?

If you want a cool outdoor place there is a monument on a hill just north of Boston and if you frame it right you can get most of Boston in the background. Use Google maps to pull up south Border Road in Medford malden ma - Google Maps

From the highway your should be able to see the monument. Also, once you enter the park next to Bellevue pond there will be a big map and I know they have fields there as well.

For industrial types of settings drive around over by Pleasure Bay/Fort Independence (South Boston).

i'll have to check that out, sounds pretty cool. we're hoping to shoot next month so *hopefully* (knock on wood) there isn't TOO much snow. i actually just got off the phone with one of the guys, and he suggested a big overgrown field with an old couch, so we'll see how that goes. sometimes i hate the snow!

I love to juxtapose. Be glad that you're the photographer and can wear a winter jacket. Make them all where shorts / summer wear while chilling on the couch. hehe.

Most reactions

Back