Botanical Flower

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was shooting in a Botanical Garden today, and this was one of my favorite captures. I used my Canon EOS 1D Mark II to capture the image, using the settings of 300 mm, f/5.6 because I do not have a macro lens, so I try to make due with what I've got. Please critique on everything that you can think of, for that this is my only like my first time actually trying to photograph flowers.

Flower.jpg

I think that maybe a tighter crop would help this a bit more, cropped to the top and the right to really tighten things up a bit and leave out the green negative space. The flowers are nice and sharp which is hard to do w/o a macro lens so nice job with that. Good DOF on this one too. My only other comment would be to change the text on your frame. It doesn't really give a "pro" type of feel to it, but that may not have been what you were shooting for with it either. Just a simple font, nice and straight rather than curve would suite this well and help to not deter from the picture.

eromallagadnama said:
I think that maybe a tighter crop would help this a bit more, cropped to the top and the right to really tighten things up a bit and leave out the green negative space. The flowers are nice and sharp which is hard to do w/o a macro lens so nice job with that. Good DOF on this one too. My only other comment would be to change the text on your frame. It doesn't really give a "pro" type of feel to it, but that may not have been what you were shooting for with it either. Just a simple font, nice and straight rather than curve would suite this well and help to not deter from the picture.

Everything he said... Great shot love the DOF

Most reactions

New Topics

Back