Bottle shots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoparsec.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been requested to some shots for a business of bottles. I have a 50mm f1.4 but is not macro, I don't think I need anyway. What sort of equipment would I need to do this and also food shots. I want to buy a lighting setup, but there is no point going overboard and buying more than I need.

What sort of lighting setup and backdrops would I need to successfully take the photos they would need.

I'm thinking with an f1.4 lens you wouldn't need too much lighting. And secondly would you try to use natural lighting from windows in food photography.

What do you and the client see as the final outcome of the work? Moody? Shallow depth of field? Environmental? Studio? A concept must first be determined. That will then define your setup. Let us know what you are looking for and we can help further.

Love & Bass

I'm not sure, I just got some business cards printed, and the business that did my cards passed them on to some companies in my area. I was told to let him know when I am ready to do some shots and he will let me know.

I think you would definetly benefit from an off camera flash shot through and umbrella.

A white backdrop to start. Unless it's a very large assortment of bottles, a large piece of white posterboard will do. Use continuous lights and shoot long exposures, keeping a flashlight handy to paint in any shadows.

If you get into food photography a strobe would definitely help. Under continuous light, you have to work very quickly or else the food can melt or fall apart. It's practically like placing the food under a heat lamp.

You can work wonders with two lamps and some foamcore. Do some research and experimenting and see what you come up with. As you experiment you will see what set up you need. Then you can make a more informed decision on what gear you should buy.

Check my Wine Promo in the commercial galleries. This was shot with a Speedotron 2400 with 3 heads. The main was to the right on a soffbox. I had the other head on a snoot high hitting the bottom of the seamless. The other head was behind the seamless.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back