Bought a 7100

J-Cal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamescalandrella.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the D500 on my mind but finances had other thing in mind. My backup plan was a 7100, as it seemed to be a lot of bang for the buck, and I happened to run across one. Also, as an amateur, it was probably the right choice. I can grow into this. The only thing I don't like is the button lay out. I much prefer my D300's layout, but i'm growing into it. People tell me i'm crazy, but I swear I can see the difference in resolution.

I uploaded a couple of shots just for the hell of it. The sunrise shot was the first shot I ever took and the sunset was last week.

I'm pretty stoked!

Attachments

• DSC_8817.jpg
    DSC_8817.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_8628 2.jpg
    DSC_8628 2.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 175
Yeah,new and different button layout is always kind of a PITA, but after a while one adapts. And yeah, it's clear that the 24 million pixels offers more clarity, more "presence", more "realism" than 12 million pixels. I can see the difference, and I think most people can.

Good choice! I have been using my 7100 for a little over a year now and I love it. One thing that was really helpful in learning the new camera buttons, features and auto-focus modes was a book someone recommended. It's called Mastering the Nikon D7100 by Darrell Young. Within the first 10 pages that I read I had already learned 3 or 4 different features that I had been unaware of - small things like the different options you can set up for the OK button...

Good choice! I have been using my 7100 for a little over a year now and I love it. One thing that was really helpful in learning the new camera buttons, features and auto-focus modes was a book someone recommended. It's called Mastering the Nikon D7100 by Darrell Young. Within the first 10 pages that I read I had already learned 3 or 4 different features that I had been unaware of - small things like the different options you can set up for the OK button...
Thanks for the tip!!

Last edited:
Also the D7100 doesn't have a optical low pass filter so the images will be a little bit more crisper.

Congrats on your new camera, enjoy.

D7100 is an awesome camera, had it for nearly 2 years till I moved to FX, now I regret selling it.
These go second hand for relatively very little and they offer so much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back