Bought the wife a D60 for bday, new to photography

Frank

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My wife started taking up photography as a hobby and was using my Canon Powershot SD1100IS as her tool. Decided to suprise her for her birthday with something more appropriate.

Nikon D60

Amazing the difference between Canon Powershot that I use
IMG_0223.jpg

Just some samples from around the house, hardly professional. Were going to start taking classes to improve our skills and learn proper techniques.
CSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Nice pictures Frank, you will get a lot of use out of the D60 I am sure.:thumbup:

Its obvious reg, since the OP is talking about the D60 the pictures are from the D60.

Stop being difficult reg. Your like this resident difficult person on this board

Its obvious reg, since the OP is talking about the D60 the pictures are from the D60.

Stop being difficult reg

He talks about "WE ARE going to take classes" and he says that HE USES HIS P&S and that SHE USES HER D60. Therefore it's a legitimate question.

So instead of following me around, hating me and generally being dumb, actually consider the situation at hand.

EDIT: oh thanks for going back and editing in the "nice pictures frank, you will get a lot of use out of the d60 I am sure" comment so it doesn't look like you came in JUST to stir things up with me. (What I posted as the quote is the ENTIRE original quote)

Last edited:
I'm going to agree with reg. If reg didn't say it, I would've, because the op didn't really specify which those are from.

Haha you are correct reg, the pictures are nice, and I did add it so it didn't look like I was here just to harass you and give corrective criticism.

Ok, can we stop beating each other up in front of the kids please? Jeezus.

I can haz civility?

Anyway... hey Frank, welcome to the wonderful world of DSLRs. My mom just picked up the D60 and she's absolutely giddy about how much better it is than her old Sony P+S (which is a really good camera, btw.)

I particularly liked your pic of the dog. hehehe... too cute. Enjoy it! I look forward to seeing more!

Not quite the response I expected but I got a good laugh!! :lol::lol:

Yes, all but one of the photos was taken by my wife with the D60.

We both love to take pictures but never took it seriously. I document progress on my drag car with the PS and photography in general i.e. family functions etc. My wife has been exploring the backyard and taking pics of anything interesting over the last year with the PS and an older Sony we had.

I felt a better camera that would help her take it up a notch would make an appropriate gift.:mrgreen:

We're both eager to learn more and naturally we started to scour the net, hence how we found this site.

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to learning!

Haha, Sorry about running your first post on here off topic Frank:lol: It wasn't the best way to welcome a new member:blushing:.

Most reactions

Back