Boulevard

Jzero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ronunna.googlepages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is just outside my home, in the rural surroundings in which I live. A series of stunning B&W pictures that were recently posted by someone on this site (kudos to JBMMV), inspired me to try my hand at converting some of my photographs from color to B&W - amazingly simple process.
J

DSCF0014-1.jpg

Interesting enough. Seems to have lost a bit on the right. Got more?

The third doesn't do so much for me (although it looks great to have as a front yard), but the second is absolutely great!

One other note; you'll probably get more feedback and comments by posting new threads rather than adding on to an existing one. Most tend not to look again after the first time around. That second one stands by itself- excellent job.

the first one is way contrasty, but sometimes i like that. i really like #2, reminds me of the beach next to my house in mass.

Thanks for your input Abraxas and mypoia. In the case of the 1st picture, I was playing around with the contrast trying to figure out how to work with photoshop Lightroom (beta version available for download at the top of this page), and hence the result. The beach picture is also converted from color to B&W. B&W seems to add a certain 'dramatic' affect to photographs that I was not aware of before.

J

The first is getting a bit of a "this is a drawing" aspect, contrasted as it is, but it is not bad. Goes ok with the trees.

Great "backyard" or "frontyard" or whatever is the word you use here that you have. Nice to be right in the middle of nature (which you could also call "middle of nowhere", of course, of "back of beyond" or "neck of the woods" ... I know what I am talking about, I live there, too, practically), isn't it?

The only thing I am missing is a beach such as the one you show us in #2. That is ONE beautiful photo!!!

Where is all this????

Hi LaFoto. Thanks for your input. All these pictures were taken in or around the place that is my home in a tiny little Kibbutz (community village - for want of a better term) in the Carmel Coastal' region in the North of Israel. The beach picture is of the Mediterannean Sea, about three minute drive away from where I live. I took that picture in the winter of 2005 (if memory serves).

J

Most reactions

Back