Bounce up and down with me, won't you?

yay verb sounds awesome! let us know the results... good luck! :thumbsup: :hugs:

Awesome man! Great news, money always does good things in the hobby of photography... and living :lol:

Tell us as soon as you can possibly tell usif you got it :thumbup::thumbup:

Mine too Joe!

I went by NWCS today (northwest computer supply), and since it was Sat no one was there but the retail dudes and the service techs, so I couldn't find out about the job. But I did find out they haven't hired anyone yet, which means I still have a darn good chance. So hopefully on Monday I'll get the call =)

Meh. Let me start out by saying that the day is young, and already it's been awful. I woke up at 8 and spent three hours fixing a nasty and unexpected computer problem before I finally got it online again... a thousand other little things went wrong too.

I finally got ahold of NWCS, and they said they were sorry but they'd extended the offer to someone with several years more experience than I. =( I don't feel TOO bad, because it's not like I lost to another 17 year old... I was lucky to be interviewed at all.

BUT.

They were so impressed with my building, that they'd like to hire me sort of part-time, on a freelance basis, to come in and work in their build department (my true love) when they get busy! So I guess that's good...but still, I really got my hopes up for that full time position. =\ I was practically spending my money already, and now I'm back to being a broke unemployed college kid. :(

*Sigh*

As they said on that other thread, "DOWN WITH POOPIES". Maybe the other guy will tank and your supporters can say "ha, we told you so. Hire Verbal". Stranger things have happened. Here's hoping your dream job gets offered to you very soon.

A foot in the door is worth an awful lot, especially at 17! Well done for impressing them, and you never know... these things have a habit of working out for the best in the end!

Rob

Just a li'l bump and an update...

Last week NWCS called me and asked me to come work for them in the Build Department as a technician. It's where I've dreamed of working for a long time, and it couldn't have come at a more oportune moment. So anyway, I'm working full time right now...it's pretty rough, because it's an 8:30am - 5:30pm job, 5 days a week, and I'm still in school as well, and all that...I'm completely exhausted and haven't had time to do anything but work and school really for awhile now...so if I haven't been around much lately (which I haven't), that would be why.

Well, congrats on the job. Hope all goes well with school, too. It's a tough thing to juggle.

What part of Washington are you from? I'm just west of Oly.

Ruining said:
Well, congrats on the job. Hope all goes well with school, too. It's a tough thing to juggle.

What part of Washington are you from? I'm just west of Oly.

West of who? lol, I have no idea where that is actually...I'm about an hour and a half north of Seattle.

Oh, sorry. Olympia. If you were a little further south, it would have made perfect sense. I'm about 3 and a half hours away, I guess. Just curious.

Most reactions

Back