Box cameras

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by terri, Apr 7, 2004.

1. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't usually post my "alternative" stuff over here in the mainstream, but I'd appreciate some feedback on this one, so it needs some views. I won't bore anyone with the technical aspects, beyond saying it's an SX-70 manipulation. I treated this one differently than anything I've done previously, and would like to get your first impressions when viewing it. Thanks!!

[​IMG]

2. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looks like a painting. Beautiful! Love the colors.

3. A.Rotshtein

A.Rotshtein TPF Noob!

Hi Terri :D

This is simply BEAUTIFUL....I love the manipulation on this piece.

I tell you what, my next image tomorrow will be on the same subject (a clue):wink:

Later

AR

4. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I definitely don't dislike it, but I just can't seem to make up my mind on it.

I think viewing a scanned version of it makes it much less interesting than seeing the original. Colors and texture look great though!

5. terri

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks, guys, for the honest feedback. I'll take it all gladly, since I wasn't even sure I liked it myself when I got done with it. :blulsh2: I only knew it had to come out like that, if that makes any sense.

I usually don't have an uncertain reaction about my own stuff (I either know I'm happy or know I hate it) so I thought reading some objective comments would be a good thing. :D

6. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i thought it was a painting!! could you describe what it is for us idiots!?!

md

7. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

Nice terri! I can almost feel the texture if I touch the screen. :wink: The orange background against the brown cameras work because brown is usually a dull color but that's hardly noticeable with the bright orange background.

8. terri

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks!!! Thanks to you too Harpper.... well, I took this shot of 2 of my box cameras with my SX-70 Land camera. It uses Time Zero film and I was just messing around with the light meter. I placed them on the back patio in bright sunlight, and ended up with those big shadows. So, I just sat outside and manipulated the shadows into those shapes....then followed the lines of the cameras. The concrete background was unattractive, so I swirled the emulsion around there too.

I liked the manipulated image but the colors were drab, so I scanned the Polaroid and printed it onto this paper I have that takes photo oils, and painted it. It kind of took on a life of its own, and I was kind of freaked out by the colors I ended up with....since this is the first time my own stuff surprised me, I figured I should post it immediately. :wink:

9. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The colors really work for me. I like the effect a lot. The image grabbed my attention as soon as it came up on the screen. Thanks for sharing it!

10. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

Yes, that was good thinking terri. You should always post stuff that freaks you out. :wink: If we can expect this quality of work from your freaky side then I say...get freaky terri. :wink:

11. terri

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sometimes it's scary to get freaky....but I guess that's all the more reason to do it, eh?? :wink:

Anyway, it's way cool of you to understand that aspect of it. :thumbsup: Thanks again!!!

12. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

Looks like a charcoal drawing. Very realistic looking, and the colors are spot-on.