--Boxer Turtle-- Round 50: Suggestion Week (New Schedule. Read!)

What do you want to spend a week on?

• Fishy

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It floats!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • New

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On the roof again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texture

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fight Club

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As Boxer Turtle nears 1 year old, participation has fallen off to a point where something needs to be done to revitalize. A lot of people have asked me to extend the length of time for the various stages, so that's what I'm doing.

Boxer Turtle will assume a two week schedule from now on, as follows:

Topic Week:
Sunday at 3:00 PM EST - The topic suggestion thread will be posted.
Thursday afternoon/evening - Topic suggestions will end, and a poll will be added for the round's topics.

Submission week:
Sunday afternoon - At the conclusion of the poll, the topic will be open for submissions in a new thread (If the thread doesn't go up right away, have no fear, you can still start shooting!)
Sunday at 3:00 PM EST - Submissions end, voting begins and lasts until Thursday afternoon (Coincides with topic suggestions)

By the same token, Fight Club voting will be extended to Thursday.
Finally, the topic choices each week will be limited to 5 to better consolidate votes.

The rules will be updated soon for both contests, so watch out! In the mean time, this is a suggestion week, so get to it!

I am just a beginner but I think I am going to start taking part in this it looks fun.

I'm interested in trying this but doesn't seem to be many suggestions as far as topics go so I'll start; back to school.

I thought the whole idea of Boxer Turtle was to give us a few days to enter our submission because time zones and shift work make fight club impossible for some. If I read correct, you are giving us only a max of 3 hours to get it in.(negating the reason we needed boxer turtle in the first place) Also, allowing us time for fight club which runs from 2-3 this narrows it down to 2 hours max. Is this correct? If so.... you might see even less entries.
To me it would make more sense to give us a whole week to get our entries in, leaving the following week for topic ideas/voting.

I thought the whole idea of Boxer Turtle was to give us a few days to enter our submission because time zones and shift work make fight club impossible for some. If I read correct, you are giving us only a max of 3 hours to get it in.(negating the reason we needed boxer turtle in the first place) Also, allowing us time for fight club which runs from 2-3 this narrows it down to 2 hours max. Is this correct? If so.... you might see even less entries.
To me it would make more sense to give us a whole week to get our entries in, leaving the following week for topic ideas/voting.

Actually, your suggestion is exactly what we're doing. Starting this Sunday, you'll have a whole week to submit!

LOL, ok then! should I start my remedial reading lessons then?

Lol, you may do as you please.

Most reactions

Back