Boy Funk- Performing Artist -- NSFW

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was from a shoot with a Portland rapper who goes by "Boy Funk". I've been a bit hesitant to share this here because it's different, but I really don't care now. Patrick, known by his stage name "Boy Funk" is a very provocative rapper from Portland Oregon. I've always loved his different look and his music, so any time he asks me to photograph him I am down. Art direction and styling wise, I let Patrick take control. He's in charge of his own image, so understand that I don't give my input when it comes to that.

Lighting wise, this was lit using two table lamps, proving that you can get great lighting from any light source as long as you know what you are doing. You don't need expensive profoto flash units to get great artificial light.

Camera Settings:

EOS 5D MKI
85mm @ f/2.5
1/125th sec
ISO 800
_mg_2666_1_by_danostergren-d91vwsv.jpg

Last edited:
Well my very first thought when I saw the photo was "I've never seen platform work boots before!" I ware work boots a lot for my job and they are heavy as is, so those most weigh a ton!:aiwebs_016:

As for the photo, it may not be family friendly. But it is very well done, I see why Body Funk goes to you for his photos!
Man, you should never hold back on posting your work! It's always out of the norm from the other post, and if anyone on here doesn't like it, they can take a flying leap! Your work is always great and well worth looking at!!!:)

I understand it's his idea and I find it somehow funny.
but.. I like it because you took/edit the photo (I like your style) and because he's a doll (can I say "a doll" even if it's about man?) :)

... and don't hesitate even for a bit about posting here, there are plenty of us who are friendly and really like your work :)

Well my very first thought when I saw the photo was "I've never seen platform work boots before!" I ware work boots a lot for my job and they are heavy as is, so those most weigh a ton!:aiwebs_016:

As for the photo, it may not be family friendly. But it is very well done, I see why Body Funk goes to you for his photos!
Man, you should never hold back on posting your work! It's always out of the norm from the other post, and if anyone on here doesn't like it, they can take a flying leap! Your work is always great and well worth looking at!!!:)
Hahaha, thank you!

I understand it's his idea and I find it somehow funny.
but.. I like it because you took/edit the photo (I like your style) and because he's a doll (can I say "a doll" even if it's about man?) :)

... and don't hesitate even for a bit about posting here, there are plenty of us who are friendly and really like your work :)
Lol, yeah I don't think he would mind being called a doll. ;)

Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back