Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Boy in the Shadow
Arcos de la Frontera, Spain

All comments and critique greatly appreciated.

Tuna

ArcosDeLaFrontera.jpg

Difficult photographic situation, I would say, for many aspects: bright sunshine, deep shadows, houses painted in white, the road being so steep when you meant to catch the town atmosphere plus the countryside beyond.

Very well captured!

And the boy in the shadow puts the crown on top of this photo.

If only (who am I to be nitpicky, but...) the window did not "grow out of his head". But that's all ...

Though my very immediate reaction to this photo was "Oh, I wonder what it would be like in colour?"

Andaloucia ? isn't it ?

-- well, I think there is a lack of contrast : whites are greys in your picture ; in Spain, it's quite amazing when the sun 's shining. And I see it a little blured (maybe it's my eyes :? ). Maybe with more details it would be great.

++ I like the composition, with the boy who is descending the street on one part and the view over the fields on the other part.

I personally think it is great, nothing wrong with it.

The thing is, I love all your pictures Tuna.

Also I used to love your name, until last night at work when some tin cans of tuna fell on my head... bloody hurt as well :(

Trig said:
I personally think it is great, nothing wrong with it.

...and regarding the window, PS would take care of that. :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment. Some great advice!

I am usually on top of the contrast thing and am surprised that I didn't notice the lack of it in this image. The window behind his head bothered me as well at first but I didn't do anything about it - much better sihouette/profile when it is removed.

Here is the revised image with bumbed up contrast, window-behind-head gone and a little selective burning in to keep the highlights from blowing out too much. Better?

Thanks again!

Tuna

ArcosDeLaFronteraPS.jpg

Tuna I love your work: but for some reason (maybe it's the whiskey!) I feel compelled to tell you I don't like this one. The composition makes me feel uneasy, like I'm stuck in a box with only a sliver of the beautiful world, that I cannot touch, visible off in the distance. I am not drawn to the boy at all, but compressed in the tiny space finding it hard to breathe. just MHO though

Algoessailing said:
Tuna I love your work: but for some reason (maybe it's the whiskey!) I feel compelled to tell you I don't like this one. The composition makes me feel uneasy, like I'm stuck in a box with only a sliver of the beautiful world, that I cannot touch, visible off in the distance. I am not drawn to the boy at all, but compressed in the tiny space finding it hard to breathe. just MHO though

Thanks to everyone for your comments and critique.

Al, relax. Take a deep breath. I'm going to join you with a little scotch. I sort of agree with you. Though I'm glad some found the shot likeable (as did I) I've always felt a little uneasy about the shot and passed over this photo over the last few years that I had it. It really didn't pop out to me but I thought maybe worth posting for a response. I agree that it's a little busy and trying to condense the focus isn't working. I think I have two seperate photos in this one image and cropping may not improve the shot.

Again, thanks to everyone for your time.

Tuna

I love the composition. Do you have a website?

danalec99 said:
I love the composition. Do you have a website?

I used to but not anymore...

I hope to get motivated to do something in the future and if I do, I will post a thread here for anyone interested.

Thanks for your comments.

Tuna

Most reactions

Back