Boys in Bluebonnets

Teresa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographybyteresa.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know the sun was harsh..it was late in the evening but any other CC is welcome...just not too harsh..k? :sexywink::D

P4064488-1.jpg

P4064456-1.jpg

P4064452-1.jpg

P4064437-1.jpg

Image-1.jpg

I like the second pic, but the color seemed a bit odd. In most of your pics, the subject is dead center. Maybe you should try rule of third? the pics could use some sharpening as well.

ya i photoshoped the 2nd one that way.
there was a lot of people around us shooting with the bluebonnets as well since it was a "big" area of bluebonnets but all gathered together so we were pretty close so I couldn't shoot to far over for either getting a sign, cars, or people in my shot...but i will try next time.
thanks for the advice

They look underexposed to me. What were your settings? I also think a reflector would have done wonders here.
Really nice location though! I'd go back there again and again:)

i wish i had a reflector...one thing on my "need to have" or "want" list.
also they may be the way they were processed is why they may look underexposed.
oh god, i dont know the settings on them..i would have to go back and look

ETA: trust me i am going to go back to try again and again with them until I get the ones I want and of course my lil man looking at me and not at all the cars going by

Your photos are definately much better! I think upping the contrast would help some and either a fill flash or reflector. My reflector just came in 2 days ago :)

oh wow...ya those are blue alright. now when i did that and made them that blue, i had his face become a bit more pink/redish tone. any idea how to fix that WHILE keeping the blue in the flowers?

oh wow...ya those are blue alright. now when i did that and made them that blue, i had his face become a bit more pink/redish tone. any idea how to fix that WHILE keeping the blue in the flowers?

Yea, that is going to happen. I duplicated the layer after making the contrast and other color changes. Then I put a layer mask on the top level to remove everything and painted his face back in on that layer. Then I intensified the blues on the bottom layer.

I hope that helps :)

By the way, I have 2 clients that are looking for bluebonnet shots. Where did you do yours?

I like #3 the most. very natural and its "in tight" very nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back