brain...shutting...down

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i knew it wasn't a good idea...

this week has been finals for winter quarter at my uni. my final final paper is due at 10am tomorrow morning (by tomorrow morning i mean in 7 hours) via email. Why did I wait until 7pm to start a 7-10 page term paper, which is worth 35% of my total grade?

I've been starring blankly at microsoft word for a few minutes...clicking back here...then starring at word...and coming up with nothing for the past 1/2 hour.

As soon as this is done, I can send it on it's happy little e-mail way--and begin my spring break by sleeping as looong as I want...but NO! I am unable to work continuously for more than 10 minutes....*bleh*

why can't i just be spiderman? :spiderma:

/ rant.

i feel you on thats. Im trying to study 3 chap of chem by thursday and im just looking at pictures on here.....

and my damn cat isnt helping...........

cat.jpg

aww kitty! i wish i had a fluffy distraction!

ugh...now i'm realizing that maybe topping off my dinner of pepperjack cheese and a pot of coffee with a couple glasses of orange juice was not the best idea...stupid stupid...bah

I used to go through situations like that in before-internet-times, so there was nothing to run to while sitting at a computer (what is a "computer"? I was sitting at my type-writer in those days) ... which is why every time I had to work on a paper the sinks and taps in the bathroom were always SHINY and as clean and spotless as never before nor after. I had to find other things to run to, but believe me: I ran away from my desk once in 10 minutes, too!!!

every time I had to work on a paper the sinks and taps in the bathroom were always SHINY and as clean and spotless as never before nor after. I had to find other things to run to, but believe me: I ran away from my desk once in 10 minutes, too!!!

HAHAHAHA

I just finished cleaning my kitchen! :lmao:

See?
Side-effect of having to compose a paper!
But it does not do A THING about that PAPER!
How will you get it done within the remaining 6 1/2 hours now?

Id first say you should discount the internet then put some relaxing music on.... for me its cold play ......... then maybe some tea and just write ............... its hard but gotta do it

well...I'm just about finished with page 5...but I've got a lot more material to get through :-/ I tend to ramble when I'm tired.

ways i've distracted myself tonight:
made my roomate dinner
took "glamour shots" of myself
messaged people online
cleaned my kitchen
changed clothes 3 times
edited photos
posted a thread on here (*wink wink* check it out!)
posted THIS thread
rearranged my bookshelves (now in order of height instead of by author)

.....all these things NEEDED done, I swear....

Id first say you should discount the internet then put some relaxing music on.... for me its cold play ......... then maybe some tea and just write ............... its hard but gotta do it

the shins tend to help me focus when I'm writing...but i think relaxing music would end with me asleep with a keyboard impression on my face.....

...tea however...is in my very near future!

haha at least u did something i got back from class at 4 went on a jog then ate and slept till 10pm now im only starting to study...........

i miss high school............

Good for you to have arrived at Page 5 already! *clap on shoulder*
Carry on.
(To work at night would have killed me ... even back then ... I would be asleep now and up by 4, thatwould have worked for me, never the other way round, I am an early bird, not a night owl).

My son asked me to proof-read his paper (8 pages on C4-plants -> biology), and while I did not understand a thing of the contents of his paper, I am well able to detect typos and dodgy sentence structures :D.

So if anyone is in need for some proof-reading.... ;)

I'll keep you in mind!

Desperation: realizing you've ripped open the last tea bag of your favorite flavor of tea...then stapling it closed and using it anyway. (this can't be healthy)

Most reactions

Back