Brand New 50D - problem already!

wh1ppet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is a huge issue, but...

Bought body only (kit lens was removed) from a fairly reputable seller in New York. Suppose to be Brand New. Here's my questions:

1. Is there a way to see if any actuations have been made?

2. There are half a dozen tiny silver specks under the LCD glass, bottom left corner. This is very annoying. They appear as black when the LCD screen is "on". Is it dust?

I'd hate to return it for such a minor reason, but I think those dots will bug me forever if I don't. :(

Please advise!

Sorry, the above link is to a forum where it is discussed and the counter link is supplied there. I linked to the discussion so you can read peoples thoughts and see some other camera models it works for.

If the camera is new, the store can probably deal with any problems with a week or so of the product being bought.

If there are any issues at all, bring it in.

If the camera is new, the store can probably deal with any problems with a week or so of the product being bought.

If there are any issues at all, bring it in.

I bought it over the phone/online. Store is in NY, and I live in Southern US. I really don't want to have to wait 2 weeks for shipping back and forth. It took 6 days for it to get here.

Montana: Thank you for the link, I'll read it!

Download Opanda and take a photo and then look at the EXIF data in it. It'll tell you how many are on the shutter.

Um, what you described, it sounds like a few dead pixels or so on the LCD screen. I would return it.

Most reactions

Back