Brand new here, photos to C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by eloyie, May 23, 2010.

1. eloyie

eloyie TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello! I'm brand new to these particular forums, I'm wanting to learn more about my camera and photography! I'm getting into the world of birth photography, but have so much more to learn before I can even think about shooting for a career. (Just shooting friends births for fun now) I'm shooting with a Rebel T1i, I've had it a little over a month, so far I love it. Here are a couple pics, but like I said, I have a lot to learn! All advice, critiques, and tips welcome!

I took this the very first day I had my camera, and I realize two major flaws (I'm sure you guys can pick out more!) #1, My husband is wearing white, #2, the photo is over-exposed (right?)
    [​IMG]

The boxer is my dog, making a new friend at the dog park
    [​IMG]

Not sure if I like how this is cropped, but I had to cut some indecent exposure out of the background. I really want some critique about the lighting, because I was using a speedlite 580 EX flash, and I was having lots of trouble getting it right.
    [​IMG]

2. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    In #1 only the part of the shirt is overexposed. The faces of your subjects are underexposed.

Strobed light adds a level of complexity to controlling the exposure. Shutter speed controls the ambient light and the lens aperture controls the subject exposure.