Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by AlexGray, Aug 4, 2009.
2 Day old Nikon D90, here come lots of shots.
Woo, tell me watcha think!
Welcome to the forum. That is a lot of photos. You may have better results on here if you limit it to 2 or 3 photos. Here are my thoughts though. I am still new at photography, but am learning more every day. This is a great place to start.
1) Not sure what your subject is. Looks like a snapshot to me.
2) Very interesting subject. I like the concept, but the bottom of the round thing is cut off.
3) Good composition, looks like it might be a little over-exposed, but that might just be me.
4.) ok, but doesn't do anything for me.
5) Nice scene, but not sure what the subject is?
6.) looks like a snapshot to me
7) looks out of focus. Good use of color
8) I like the expression on the dog. Next time try getting down at the dog's level and shooting from there.
9-10) look like snapshots. Great dog though.
11) try getting closer. I assume the green thing is your subject, but everything else is to distracting
12) interesting concept, but the picture is really tilted and that is too distracting
13) Power lines ruin it for me
14) Under-exposed and nothing interesting
15) A little under-exposed, but I really like it. My favorite of the group. :thumbup:
16) ahh... selective color. Doesn't do anything for me
17) Doesn't do anything for me. Focus seams off a little
18) not sure of your subject.
Overall, great work. Keep shooting. Also next time number your pictures and add space between them. Camera data can be helpful too. Welcome to the forum
I like the fourth picture reminds me of something,
and also the last picture
have fun with your newly acquired D90
Wow, thank you for all the comments, I'll definately keep your advice in mind. And yes, a lot are snap shots :blushing: Im just getting used to my first slr and the settings to use at different times of day/lighting/situation. And i tried so hard to get those powerlines out, but the rest of the angles look really bad. Thanks again to everyone it means a lot.
wow...bad andy you should change your name to patient andy...lol
Way too many pictures. You'd get more responses if you kept the number of pics to 3 or 4 and number them.
A lot of your shots look like they have a focus issue or suffering from camera shake. And they all look like test shots. Really hard to give C&C on test shots.
Youre right, im new. Ill get with it i promise! And yes they are mostly test shots, so youre right again haha. Next post will be better just wait!
Separate names with a comma.