Brand New!

CallieM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My camera and I are both brandnew. I just got a NikonD3000 for my birthday and Im so excited to use it. I took one short photography class in the past, but dont remember much.

My first goal is to learn how to take a picture of something, say a flower in a feild, and have the first couple cm's not in focus, the flower foucused, and all the stuff behind it burred.
Know what I mean?

Anyone can help? I know Ill have to change the f right? I just have no idea on this camera how! I figured out how to change from like 1/200 to 1/160 and so on. But not how to change the f5.3 to f2.8.

Humm,
Callie

I have some very very amature pics from the past;

l_26dbb571d84349c5a5fefaa94b24256c.jpg

l_381b1ae2539c4a04addc8a97a5cfa8d6.jpg

Last edited:
welcome to the site.
say goodbye to all your free time. ;)

there's a TON of info on here...do some searching....do some reading...it's FUN!

i'd like to recommend the book "understanding exposure" by bryan peterson.
fantastic read, and will cover the questions you asked.

get the book...have your cam in your lap...play as you read. :D

Thanks guys :] I always have had a camera with me, but nothing really nice, so now im really excited. Im going down to SouthEast Alaska in 2 weeks, and HOPE to know a little more about my camera by then cause i am taking a ferry and wanna take tons of great photos.

Anyone can help? I know Ill have to change the f right? I just have no idea on this camera how! I figured out how to change from like 1/200 to 1/160 and so on. But not how to change the f5.3 to f2.8.

i dont own a d3000 but i suppose its the same as the d60
if your on M (manual) mode.. press&hold the button with the aperture logo just beside the shutter button,
scroll the command dial to the left until you get to the lowest f-number

or

go to A (aperture priority) and scroll the command dial to the left until you get to the lowest f-number

well that is if your lens goes up to f2.8

check your manual -
http://www.nikonusa.com/Assets/Digital-SLR/25462-Nikon-D3000/PDF/25462_D3000_brochure.pdf

page 8 - parts & controls -- its button #3

~ happy shooting :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back