Break or follow the rules

Geronimo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CRW_0125-01%20copy.jpg

just wondering if crop following the rule of thirds would improve this photo? Just below the rough spot in the water that breaks the reflection?

mm, this is reminding me of a landscape you would see in a move, so, as for cropping, in a bold opinion, I say it would look better in a more rectangular shape. Also it would look good with a border.

I like the look of the sky more than the water so crop!! As it is now there is too much water, and it's not as interesting as that awesome sky or mountains.

I think I must try it out myself to come to an opinion. Something inside me tells me that with the roughness of the water, hence showing quite some texture, the rule of thirds may well be broken here, since also the whiteness of the clouds is being reflected in part of the water, so it is not quite as uninteresting as it might seem at a first glance.
However I will have to test the various possibilities to make up my mind...

i like the crop.... the composition makes the image more interesting and less about a cloud reflection. The rule of thirds IMHO was definitely better.

Most reactions

Back