Breakfast

JonA_CT

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HP5 I think...I should keep notes on that once the files are digitized...

grain breakfast.jpg

I took that to be my lame attempt at a correct exposure, haha.

The lab uses Kodak TMAX and develops by the chart. It was scanned at 2048×3072 and I added some contrast in post.

I took that to be my lame attempt at a correct exposure, haha.

The lab uses Kodak TMAX and develops by the chart. It was scanned at 2048×3072 and I added some contrast in post.

And, I know...I'm supposed to be developing this stuff myself. I'm getting there. As a teacher, the money well starts to dry up a little bit in August. I should have a developing set-up by the end of September.

You need to come out here. We can drink wine while we develop. What is your experience level with B&W film?

Maybe 5 rolls? -- I'm a newb. I seem to pretty consistently underexpose even with careful metering.

The developing tank and chemicals are no problem. It's the scanner that has to wait.

I seem to pretty consistently underexpose even with careful metering.
What camera(s), and how are you metering?

Minolta XD-11, and using the camera center-weighted meter. The camera is at least 35 years old...it's possible the meter just doesn't function properly. I don't have a proper light meter, besides the one in my DSLR...but I should compare them I guess.

Minolta XD-11, and using the camera center-weighted meter. The camera is at least 35 years old...it's possible the meter just doesn't function properly. I don't have a proper light meter, besides the one in my DSLR...but I should compare them I guess.
Folks.. we have a winner here! ;)

Yes, compare them for sure. It`s highly likely, in fact, IMO, more likely than not that the Minolta`s meter has lost accuracy with age. I didn`t bother to look up what battery it uses, but if it`s one of the old mercury cells, than an old/weak battery can also seriously affect meter accuracy.

I seem to pretty consistently underexpose even with careful metering.
What camera(s), and how are you metering?

You could download light meter app for Android.

Use the Sunny 16 rules, print them out and stuff into your pocket for a quick reference. After awhile you won't need the cheat-sheet. I have a new-to-me film camera that doesn't have a meter and I've been shooting sans meter.

Most reactions

Back