Breakthrough

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Oregon Dunes have been on my radar for a while. I didn't have a chance to scout during the day. I went barefoot and hiked myself into a sweat and frenzy before I eventually found this spot. Just minutes after setting up, the sun broke through the thick clouds and made a brief appearance before disappearing again. The definitive moment was when the hills were bathed in the red glow that only late evening light will provide.

Breakthrough
by Majeed Badizadegan, on Flickr

Here in WY we have the second largest moving body of sand in the world.... the Killpecker Sand Dunes. (yes I spelled that correctly) I've never been very interested in them, but now I'm thinking a late evening trip might be warranted. Now if I could just get my husband to buy that Polaris Razor 900........

It throws me off that you used a narrow aperture here. The sun-flare being out of focus distracts me, rather than helps focus me on the foreground sands.

Jake

As I first view the image my eye go first to the Sun then down the dunes. Very nice job.

ken

Good timing! It seems as soon as my finger hits the shutter it would disappear lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back