Breathe!!!!

ringnebula

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
j-turner.org
The green sea turtle of Hawaii comes up for air - twice in 10 minutes.....

turtle1.jpg

turtle2.jpg

I'm not sure which one I prefer but I was happy when he/she finally came up for air again. I could finally stop laying on the lava waiting.

For those interested: PX125 pushed to 500. 90mm macro lense on Olympus OM-4.

what cool shots! i have never seen anythign like them before, and what persistance you have!! cool fotos!

Hey these are v.nice, i can see why your torn between them, but i think i prefer 1 a bit more, just cuz its a cleaner break through the water. Great pics tho :thumbup:

#1 for me as well..would love to see the color version..
very nice in b/w though..nice capture and you have a lot of patience.

Trish

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. You are all swaying me to #1....

No color version unfortunately as they were taken on b/w film.

Nice shots. Im thinking number 1 also.

Cool captures. I have to agree, I also favor the first.

very neat shots...the first is really good with the water ripples and the light reflecting off the water. compositionally it just seems to work better for me. something about the position of the head out of the water is more pleasing.

^^must agree with everyone ... like the first one better.

Makes me think of Nemo ... whooooooaaaaa ... :biggrin:

JonK said:
very neat shots...the first is really good with the water ripples and the light reflecting off the water. compositionally it just seems to work better for me. something about the position of the head out of the water is more pleasing.

jonk said what i am thinking but prolly couldn't put into words... these are cool critters, i saw one while snorkeling in Kauai on my Honeymoon... i dove down about 8 feet and took his picture with my underwater throw-away and you can just barely make him out... i was so excited :mrgreen: ! your photo is much better! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back