Brenizer Stitch

istdercollen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read about this online, so i decided to try it out. basically you stitch multiple images together shot with a medium telephoto to form what could otherwise be shot with an extreme wide angle lens, but it gives an exaggerated depth of field. This image was shot with a Nikon D40 :blushing: 50mm f/1.8 (the tutorial was using 85mm on a FF camera), medium file size, JPEG-FINE, auto-focus off. I took 320 pictures and used all of them. I wound up with a 28 megapixel picture. One problem I've been running into with this is that sometimes the stitch won't work 100%, and you'll notice that the yellow bar in the bottom right just vanishes. I'm not good with photoshop, so I can't can't fix it in a convincing manner.

4754245171_4c7081b386_b.jpg

critiques, edits, etc. welcome. cheers.

here is the same shot at 14mm f2.8
DSC_2064-1.jpg

Last edited:
I love the idea, but I really wish the entire car was in focus to see all of the gorgeous detailing that's been done to it. I'm impressed that this was done with a 50mm lens though. Could you give me a link to the tutorial I wanna try this out ;)

The results do not seem worth 320 separate photos.

This looks about as if it were shot on a FF camera with a 24 1.4.

I'm not sure if it would be worth 320 shots, but i've seen some pictures where it has been worth it.

How much overlap was there when you were stitching it together?

I just can't figure out why it took 320 pictures to make this...

How much does one frame cover in the stitched version?

...I'd be interested in seeing one of the 320 that went into this, just to get an idea of why so many shots were needed.

BTW - what a weird, and cool at the same time paint job. Kinda looks like Damascus steel.

so to explain away some of the comments, I'll start with... I know that taking a picture in my driveway like this doesn't really do the technique or subject matter very much justice. This is only the second one I've been able to pull off sucessfully. I literally just walked out my front door and thought, well I'll just try it on this. I wasn't going to invest the time to drive somewhere that looked like a scenic place and do it, only to come back and have the pictures not line up.

Second, the reson I took so many pictures ties in with the first reason. I did several attempts on different subject matter where I took anywhere from 40-80 pictures of roughly the same sized area, and the pictures would not line up. To avoid this, I took 300 pictures, and i didn't have a single problem finding every area in the picture within those pictures. Think of it as insurance. also the small file size on the D40 is just that. Small. I can take a picture at 14mm on my crop frame sensor and show you the difference. perhaps I should have done that to start.

Where did the yellow bar in the LRC disappear to? What about the siding on the building?

How much overlap was there when you were stitching it together?

I just can't figure out why it took 320 pictures to make this...

How much does one frame cover in the stitched version?

...I'd be interested in seeing one of the 320 that went into this, just to get an idea of why so many shots were needed.

BTW - what a weird, and cool at the same time paint job. Kinda looks like Damascus steel.

I deleted the pictures already, but I would not doubt that the amount of pictures I took was overkill. I just haven't had luck otherwise, plus it only took me 5 minutes to do it.

Where did the yellow bar in the LRC disappear to? What about the siding on the building?

I don't know why the bar disappears, but the siding on that building is smashed in like that. I didn't try to alter the picture other than doing the stitch, because I would just make it worse.

updated first post with comparison photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back