Bretagne - Part 2 - The beach and its wonders (6 pics)

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In an effort to dissuade current views that all I ever do around here is spam, I shall post some photos. Woo hoo. :cheer:

Again these are pics from my holiday in Brittany. This walled city, Saint Malo, is right on the ocean - litterally. At high tide the waves can actually crash over one of the lower parts of the walls.

1. So to help stop the waves they've installed these dead tree trunks as wave breaks.
PICT4991.jpg

2. More wave breaks and the part of the city not enclosed by a wall. This photo was grossly over exposed but I think I managed to save it.
PICT4854-surfbreakers.jpg

3. This is almost the same photo as one of my sunset shots in the other thread but taken in daylight.
PICT4865-StMalo-Fortress.jpg

4. The fortress. At high tide this fortress becomes an island. It was a prison at some stage.
PICT4822Beach-Fort-Sand.jpg

5. A friendly rock I had a nice chat with and he even let me take his photo. Please ignore the crappy sky - I'm tired and stuffed it up in PS when I rotated it coz it was wonky.
PICT4829-Rock-Sand.jpg

6. wow... DOF!! oh and some cute snail things.. and a little bit of mossy stuff.
PICT4839-Snails-Moss.jpg

The next installment will be of forests and rocks and boulders from the hiking part of my holiday. You can visit this thread to see Part 1 of Castle, Sunsets and sunrises: http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23306

Now I shall return to spamming. Thanks for looking.

These rock. They are relaly good. The exposure and the compostion. That first one. :thumbsup: And the others. Great eye, Vicky!

Looks like a place to go to!
If you can even meet friendly stones there that stand still and pose for you thus nicely... ;)

Wouldn't you think that what you call moss are algae?

That green is so intense, isn't it? I would not be able to go past it without taking a photo, either (which will make Canoncan smile, wondering why something green would catch my attention ;))

And that beach looks so wide and sooo empty! Wow. (Well, it was low tide, and the beaches there are large mud flats, too, right?)

Thanks everyone, You're all very kind and I appreciate the comments. The last two are my actual favourites just because they were shots I had in my head previously that I wanted to get and I think I got them pretty well.

LaFoto, Yeah it's not moss. You could probably call it algae and there's some seaweed mixed in there too I think. And the green really is intense. I was over the moon to see greens like this after living in a 'pink' city for so long. You should see the forest pics I'm going to post up in a couple of days - they are unreal! (with the green that is).

I can't remember, but I think I may have used my polarizing sunglasses on the algae shot - but I'm starting to think I didn't. Because I use my sunnies, I sometimes get a reflection of the camera. Plus they're tinted a yellowy-green a bit so it makes the colours go a bit funky.

Nope, No mudflats here - just pure gorgeous sand stretching for miles and miles! I was so surprised there weren't more people. It's only just the very start of the tourist season here so most of the tourists were french themselves. I was expecting it to be packed because this is one of THE places to go in summer. Just got lucky I guess because it was a monday and tuesday I was there.

Ha ha ha. Yes I was very excited about the DOF. because I just have a tiny tiny P&S and I can't change any settings so it's pretty hit and miss with the dof... in other words there is almost never any - it's like on constant tiny aperture. It's irritating.
So yeah I was soooo stoked when I saw this photo turned out just as I wished! :mrgreen:

WOw..Meysha...these are amazing. Nice work. I really love that first one.

Most reactions

Back