Bridal/ Looking for CC

Way overboard on the skin smoothing and eyes. These things look ridiculous in all shots.

1.) Open up aperture, narrower DOF, be more mindful of the framing that you tried to create.

2.) Crop up from bottom left to eliminate most of the river still visible. It will give it a "in the middle of the woods" type look. It just looks to busy as is.

3.) The way her veil is sitting reminds me of the ugly awkward girl at school with horrible poofy hair.

4.) Eek. Waaaay too much on the skin and eyes. Ruin the otherwise decent shot.

5.) Again, too much on the skin homes.

6.) Where did her chin go? Oh yeah, you lost it with the extravagant and criminal use of portraiture.

7.) Still looking for it...

8.) Better. More contrast between her and the pole would have done you good.

Way overboard on the skin smoothing and eyes. These things look ridiculous in all shots.

1.) Open up aperture, narrower DOF, be more mindful of the framing that you tried to create.

2.) Crop up from bottom left to eliminate most of the river still visible. It will give it a "in the middle of the woods" type look. It just looks to busy as is.

3.) The way her veil is sitting reminds me of the ugly awkward girl at school with horrible poofy hair.

6.) Where did her chin go? Oh yeah, you lost it with the extravagant and criminal use of portraiture.

I'm guessing you have a lot of time on your hands. You have been rude to me, and that is ok. But do not be rude to my client.

With the equipment and resources you have access to, I would expect much more.

Well I could put up a whole steaming pile of what I have, but it wouln't matter now, would it? You are dead set on being rude, without even ONE photo of your own to show me your greatness.

Hey, you don't have to like what I do. You don't pay me money. I don't mind honest CC, but you are just rude. And you have no practical experience.

Oh lord, I just went to your website. Let's just say we do things a lot differently.
Good luck to you, and I really mean that.

I'm guessing you have a lot of time on your hands. You have been rude to me, and that is ok. But do not be rude to my client.

No, I was not being rude to you. I do not see even one remark in that post that specifically points you the photographer out. It was entirely focused on constructively critiquing the photos you posted.

And I'm sorry, let me clarify what I meant by #3. I was NOT in anyway taking a shot at your client. I would never, repeat, NEVER go so low as to take a shot at your client. That is unprofessional to say the very least. What I meant is that the way that the veil is laying just looks weird. That's all.

Thank you for your crit Jackrabbit. It is appreciated.

Oh lord, I just went to your website. Let's just say we do things a lot differently.
Good luck to you, and I really mean that.

And THIS wasn't a rude comment? Honestly? I actually think his photos are great, especially for just starting out.

I really can't figure out why you haven't been banned from these forums yet. You instigate fights and drama in almost every thread that you open. If someone isn't as high as you up on that soap box, they aren't allowed to give CC without getting reamed for it.

How about this? I am not a professional at all, I have only gotten paid for a few shoots and am just getting started, but I am taking my artistic eye and seeing a few things that make some of the shots a little less than perfect, but I wouldn't dare put my two cents in because you will come after my photos and say how much I suck even though I have already stated I am no professional YET by any means.

Ease up on the emotions, people are here to help you and I can see that you were doing well with some of the criticism that was given early on, but then you started right back in again. Please just post one thread where we can all get along and this can remain a peaceful forum as it should be. These forums are a place for us to help each other. Not just the pros helping the pros, but also helping those of us who are still learning the process and don't have as much experience. In my opinion if I were to read only your threads, I would get very discouraged at the world of photography if this is how all professionals acted. If you don't like the C&C people are giving you or if you aren't going to take what people have told you and learn from it, perhaps you shouldn't be posting on here anymore. I enjoy some of your photos, I really do, and although I am not one for the over processed look (before you say it, I know you have hoards of brides flocking to you for this 'niche market'), I still think that you put out quality photos for what the niche is.

Go easy on those of us who aren't at your level, although most of the time it seems that is everyone. We are just trying to help.

I understand that you were trying to draw attention away from her neck, and the common way of avoiding neck/chin issues is to have them look up a little. However, the way her posture is (shifted forward a little), all it does is draw attention to the fact that's what is going on, and looks awkward. It's almost as if the photo announces "Please don't look at my neck", which to me is exactly the opposite of the point.

As a second point, it seems an utterly amazing coincidence that every client of yours just happens to ask for the exact same type of PP. I second JackRabbit's challenge (from another thread) to post a photo where you achieve the desired skin tones without massive photoshopping. I think Photoshop is a vital tool, and I won't post a photo that hasn't been touched up in Photoshop, but to me the point is to accentuate the beauty of the photograph in a way that doesn't draw attention to the post processing.

Finally, each of these shots (as well as in other threads) loooks as if the subject is a cut out, pasted onto a background. This is due to the fact that you process the subject (sharpen on the clothes, obliterate on the skin) to such a high degree that it no longer looks like it's a part of the photo.

Clearly, I have been around here a long time and seen some of your old work. I know you have talent, but I'm not seeing it come through in your recent work like it used to back before you called yourself "pro".

I understand that you were trying to draw attention away from her neck, and the common way of avoiding neck/chin issues is to have them look up a little. However, the way her posture is (shifted forward a little), all it does is draw attention to the fact that's what is going on, and looks awkward. It's almost as if the photo announces "Please don't look at my neck", which to me is exactly the opposite of the point.

As a second point, it seems an utterly amazing coincidence that every client of yours just happens to ask for the exact same type of PP. I second JackRabbit's challenge (from another thread) to post a photo where you achieve the desired skin tones without massive photoshopping. I think Photoshop is a vital tool, and I won't post a photo that hasn't been touched up in Photoshop, but to me the point is to accentuate the beauty of the photograph in a way that doesn't draw attention to the post processing.

Finally, each of these shots (as well as in other threads) loooks as if the subject is a cut out, pasted onto a background. This is due to the fact that you process the subject (sharpen on the clothes, obliterate on the skin) to such a high degree that it no longer looks like it's a part of the photo.

Clearly, I have been around here a long time and seen some of your old work. I know you have talent, but I'm not seeing it come through in your recent work like it used to back before you called yourself "pro".

I don't understand your point at all. Look at McD. They serve exact the same hamburger wherever you go. It's called a niche. If my clients want a certain look, I'd give it to them every single time. The OP mentioned over and over that her clients want this look. Why can't you guys let that go?? comments on composition or something else. :thumbdown:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back