Bridal Shoot

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by CCarsonPhoto, Nov 4, 2009.

1. CCarsonPhoto

CCarsonPhoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My sister in law's bridal portrait session. Feel free to comment and critique.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CCarsonPhoto

CCarsonPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Anyone?

3. TylerF

TylerF TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    im not a professional at all but i will offer my $.02 lol

i think some of the poses look a little un-natural. the hand on the hip mainly. it looks rigid. i like the last two, but 5 is a little to bright and 6 is a tad dark.

also, i just looked again and in 6 it looks like the statue is squirting her with water kinda haha. that's just something i saw and thought was funny.

also, no disrespect, but is your sister-in-law missing her arm? please dont take that the wrong way, i just couldnt tell if it was the poses or not.

4. FLASHPOINT*

FLASHPOINT* TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Overall I like #4 but I think if she was facing the camera it would've come out better.

5. CCarsonPhoto

CCarsonPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

She is. Complications from birth. I forget about it all the time, lol. Thanks for the C&C!

6. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm no wedding photographer, but I'll chip in my 2 cents:

#1 I like how you had the idea to go for a setting shot, showing where she is. I think there is just too much of the setting and it makes the bride seem less important. I would of maybe not had the upper part of the building in the shot and used the lines in the door, pillars and rails only. The door is also not fully centered, there is a window on the left side that is not on the right

#2 Being closer in in the shot is much nicer. I'm not a fan of the light over her head. I find the picture might of worked nicer if you were shooting from a somewhat higher angle. But maybe not. She also seems a bit yellow / plastic looking

#3 I like your use of DOF in here, along with the nice sharpness in the image. Great job there. I'm not a fan of her profile shot though. Maybe having her turn towards the camera would of been nice. Portraits to me are about the eyes and we don't see the eyes here, well, not too well. I also find there is a bit too head space on top of her head. So yeah, exposure, conversion to BW, sharpness and all nice job, I just dont like the composition

#4 Probably my fave shot of the set. Definatly works nice in colour and I really really like the use of the fountain to go along with the shape of her body. Nice job thinking about the wedding dress (if you did intentionaly) and making sure it looks nice for the shot. A bit too much space on top of the head. Its ok to have space, just not too much

#5 Interesting shot, but looks a bit fake. I think a really close up shot on her smelling a rose would of worked. The current shot is pretty busy, the roses become the focal point. The more I look at it, the more I think a tighter crop, getting rid of some of the space on the left of the image

#6 I love the setting for the shot, the fountain, the bricks. Not sure what bugs me here though. I don't like how she is centered in the image. The pose is ok, her hand looks uncomfortable and unnatural.

I think overall one think that would help you is trying to fill your frame a bit more with the subject, moving in closer and making sure that your subject is the main focus of the image and doesn't get drown out by either something busy (rose bush thing) or having dead space on top or the sides of the image. You definatly have a great grip on the technicalities of your camera (exposure, focus, sharpness,..)

I hope this helps. :)

7. CCarsonPhoto

CCarsonPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It does help, thank you!

8. TylerF

TylerF TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks you for not taking it the wrong way. lol i was scared that i would come across as offensive

9. CCarsonPhoto

CCarsonPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Naw, you're good.