Bridal shower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've just agreed to shoot a bridal shower. This one I'm doing free in exchange for a release so I can use the photos on my website and in my advertising. It's also a great place to hand out business cards.

My only problem is that I'm worried about the soap getting onto my camera. Has anybody any suggestions how to prevent this and how to prevent my lens from fogging in the steam? :p

Oh I thought I'd give an update...

The woman concerned didn't have the decency to cancel. I had to turn up and find nobody knew what it was all about and I was told rudely to go away.

That's the absolute last time I will do anything free.

That's the absolute last time I will do anything free.

A wise man once said, "Free cheese comes only in mousetraps." And that wise man was...YOU!

Doesn't it suck when you try and be nice to someone and they take advantage of you? There's nothing more frustrating than people taking my kindness for granted and abusing it.

A wise man once said, "Free cheese comes only in mousetraps." And that wise man was...YOU!

Doesn't it suck when you try and be nice to someone and they take advantage of you? There's nothing more frustrating than people taking my kindness for granted and abusing it.

Yup. Actually that quote is not mine.

When I worked for the Latvian Ministry of Defence back in the 1990s, I had a Russian girlfriend who went by the name of Svetlana Miasnikova. She constantly grilled me about what was going on at work and even offered me a job working for the KGB. Needless to say I declined her offer. As far as I know she went to Wellington, New Zealand a couple of years later and is still there. Anyway... "Free of charge cheese is only to be found in mousetraps" was her favourite phrase.

Yup. Actually that quote is not mine.

When I worked for the Latvian Ministry of Defence back in the 1990s, I had a Russian girlfriend who went by the name of Svetlana Miasnikova. She constantly grilled me about what was going on at work and even offered me a job working for the KGB. Needless to say I declined her offer. As far as I know she went to Wellington, New Zealand a couple of years later and is still there. Anyway... "Free of charge cheese is only to be found in mousetraps" was her favourite phrase.

This is so interesting. You seem like a very well traveled cat! I wish I had the miles under my belt you have, as it seems I have problems leaving the Missouri/Arkansas area.

That would totally freak me out about the Russian gf. I don't want to offend you by saying this, but it almost sounds like from my purely spectator standpoint she might have had ulterior motives in dating you. For her to invite you in to her circle means you must be good at whatever you do. Please don't tell me what you do, though, cause I don't want you to have to kill me (I've heard the saying, lol).

I hope the situation hasn't left a permanant bad taste in your mouth. I have a feeling you should do some free work in the future, but when it happens you'll know when you're supposed to. It will probably be out of charity, though, and not mutual satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back