Bride at Alter

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
Still doing this one.

jess.jpg

The light on the bride is quite beautiful, nice work.

At first, I'm thinking that the background is too dark, but that does help the bride to stand out. Maybe a tighter crop around the bride would keep the same tone to the photo but emphasize the bride a little more.

I had the same thoughts as Mike. The lighting on the bride is striking and I think a tighter crop would make the photo stronger. In this case I think the background actually detracts from the image, but it's such a personal preference.

Thanks, guys. The depth of the background is not so much of a worry for me. It prints much brighter than it appears here. The crop is a tough one for me. I feel I have the subject properly centered and the overall crop is for 8x10. If I crop any tighter, the train will run out of the frame on any 5x7's ordered, especially when put in a frame. Hmmm. Does this make any sense?

Thanks again!

Makes perfect sense to me. Cropping is always a tough issue, esp for the 5X7. There have been many times when I crop at 8X10 and then go back to the original image to re-crop for a 5X7 because the dimentions just don't work.

I still have some learning to do when it comes it visualizing how an image will looks when framed. I've spent so much time looking at photos on the computer that I always think they need to be cropped...when actually, they will look great in a frame.

Now that I understand the cropping that you are talking about Pete...I agree. :mrgreen: Great photograph.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back