Bride Crit

Discussion in 'General Critical Analysis' started by elsaspet, Sep 24, 2007.

1. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I like to subject myself to what I subject other's to. Thanks for looking and all crit is appreciated.
    As always, please feel free to take my photo and do your own crops and spins.

[​IMG]

2. Patrolman Pat

Patrolman Pat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like the wooden door but find the two crosses distracting, and the bride's pose doesn't look natural.

3. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What could you say bad about a bride that pretty! :)

4. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh goodness, who am I to be critiquing your work. :lol: Oh well, here goes nothing, I am curious to what other people think so I might as well start.

1. Love the location, I personally like the two crosses

2. I don't mind the colour 'brushes' that have been applied (I origiginally thought i t was some colouring on the wood that was enhanced) however, the little text blurbies I don't find 'integrate' well into the image.

3. Regarding her pose I like the curvature, although perhaps her face turned a bit so it isn't so straight on and might rid of that somewhat' shocked' expression (not saying she isn't gorgeous, she is outright ravishing however.. I think a little tilt or turn might have been that cherry on top)

4. The only thing I don't like is how she is holding the bouquet. Do I have any suggestions? Nope. But I find it just looks too detached, somewhat like her wrist got tired and 'flopped' a bit.

Beautiful work though, I would love to play but I am working on an uncalibrated laptop and I am certain I would butcher this piece of art so... :)

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to hearing what people have to say.

5. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

wow, you're hot, will you be meotterspet? :D

in regards to the picture, the pose is not a typical bride pose, it's more of a glamor/fashion model type of pose. the picture seems very bright also, not overexposed per se, as the details are still in the dress, wood and flesh tones, but the lighting, perhaps, is too harsh. (i'm viewing the image through an uncalibrated screen though)

i don't know that i'm used to seeing brides looking directly at the camera either... they're usually looking at their flowers or something else...

i'm looking at the image now on the LCD at work, and the whole image appears softened...

6. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hi Guys,
    Thank you so much for taking the time for critical anaysis, and I agree with a lot of what was said.
    Thank you so much for looking, and thanks even more for the comments.