Bride Silhouette

lomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Let me know what you think.

Btw i wasnt the wedding photographer and this was the only 2 photo I took.

DSC_0720.JPG

DSC_0718.JPG

Alright, they might have some emotional value and that's why they are good to you. But I don't quiet like them, sorry, I didn't mean to be rude in any way. Hope you accept my appoligies

hollandhusker i'm not sure these were intended as actual "wedding photos". rather more as snapshots.

HollandHusker said:
Sorry I think these might be the worst wedding photo's I've ever seen....
And that's probably the worst critique I've ever seen. That's just plain rude.

I think I see why the scene grabbed your eye, but it's often hard to translate a scene we are in into an image on the camera. The camera doesn't see what our brain tends to interpret.

Here are some thoughts:

In the first shot you have a bit of a glow effect around the bride because of the backlighting. She is still exposed too, which is nice.

The background is too in focus and therefore too distracting. It's the brightest part of the image and so grabs your attention. Exposing so that it was all washed out would help too.

I'd crop in more. You can guess that the bride is the subject, but there is a lot of environment around her. Seeing that much of the door, floor, ceiling, lamp, etc. doesn't really add to the image or help with the story.

Thank you. And No these are supposed to be proper wedding shots, I just liked the silhouetted shot of the brides vail.

Please play nice, or moderators will be forced to step in.

Hollanhusker, if you are going to comment on photos that you don't like, or that you think are bad...please point out what you don't like or how you think it could be better. There is a vast range of photographic skills on this site and we all want to get better.

Lomo, please try to keep things civil. There is no need call someones nationality into play.

Hi lomo...
I think that the second one is much better. but I'd try a few crops in any photo editing program. I can play with them if you agree. I know what you wanted to achive here, but you need to lern a few things with exposure, for example - how to burn the background so it is not so ditracting and so on... so, please if you want to see my examples of your pictures, write it down or PM me

I agree with what Mentos said about the crop, a nice crop on the second will really help. A black and white conversion will help too, with the background distractions.
This type of shot is a standard at weddings, so I've kinda got a trick for you that might help the next time you encounter this, but it works well on any heavily backlit situation. Raise your exposure by one to one and a half stops. It will blow out the backlighting, and also give detail exposure to the subject. It's especially pretty in black and white.

Most reactions

Back