Bride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that but then what's the point of putting C&C? I thought I've seen people ask on posts if the person wants criticism if they didn't put that, but maybe not. Or maybe it was in the beginner section, I just never look at sections and normally only look at CC posts...

wed1.jpg

why is it you don't look happy? You look like you are frustrated...... (praying maybe?)

I see that but then what's the point of putting C&C? I thought I've seen people ask on posts if the person wants criticism if they didn't put that, but maybe not. Or maybe it was in the beginner section, I just never look at sections and normally only look at CC posts...

The general rule is that if you post something under a category defined as the one in this forum, as Bitter demonstrated, C&C is fair game. If you want to just show off your photos... post them in a place where it doesn't specify that.

At least that's what I gathered the rule was and the rule I've been following.

People just put C&C because they want to. Not because it's required or anything.

If anything I think people should put when they DON'T want it, so as not to cause further confusion (and/or drama). :lol:

Where is the rule being brought up?

If you post an image, people are gonna talk about it. What fun is art if nobody discusses it?

Where is the rule being brought up?

If you post an image, people are gonna talk about it. What fun is art if nobody discusses it?

I shouldn't say "rule"... that's just the general guideline I follow because that was what was being discussed around the time I joined the forum when some other newbie freaked out about getting unwanted C&C. :lol:

amatuerallie said:
Not smarta$$ one's......and me not taking the photo wasn't raised until you brought it up. I did the settings, my cam, handed it to someone to snap the shot.

You mentioned that you didn't take the photo two posts above this one, she didn't bring it up.

The comment about mistletoe- while maybe poorly worded- did not call for swearing and getting defensive. Please calm down before typity-typing a retort. If you look at the shot, a plant of some sort IS visible above your head in the background. You may not have liked the response you got, but instead of letting it roll and rising above it, or even calming down and thinking before composing a rational response, you get very defensive.

I'm pretty darn new here myself, and haven't posted much. However- I've read enough threads to get a general idea how this place works and can assure you that if you get offended and angry that easily there are people who will take great satisfaction in poking that with a stick. I'm not speaking of myself- go read some threads and you'll see.

Feel free to fire off an angry reply towards me now.

Oh- and *I* wouldn't just buy a camera and start a business for the same reason I wouldn't buy a can of tennis balls and call myself a juggler, or some flour and butter and call myself Julia child. Equipment is nothing without knowledge and practice.

Yeah, that was smarta$$.

mommy-medic said:
You mentioned that you didn't take the photo two posts above this one, she didn't bring it up.

The comment about mistletoe- while maybe poorly worded- did not call for swearing and getting defensive. Please calm down before typity-typing a retort. If you look at the shot, a plant of some sort IS visible above your head in the background. You may not have liked the response you got, but instead of letting it roll and rising above it, or even calming down and thinking before composing a rational response, you get very defensive.

I'm pretty darn new here myself, and haven't posted much. However- I've read enough threads to get a general idea how this place works and can assure you that if you get offended and angry that easily there are people who will take great satisfaction in poking that with a stick. I'm not speaking of myself- go read some threads and you'll see.

Feel free to fire off an angry reply towards me now.

Oh- and *I* wouldn't just buy a camera and start a business for the same reason I wouldn't buy a can of tennis balls and call myself a juggler, or some flour and butter and call myself Julia child. Equipment is nothing without knowledge and practice.

Yeah, that was smarta$$.

:stands up: :clap: :thumbup:

Allie, the folk you add to your ignore list COULD be your greatest resources if you came here to learn from others with more experience. If you didn't come here for that one reason, why are you here, eh?

Try to understand that even harsh criticism is criticism and valuable. I wish i had as much feedback on my threads as you get.

What was your purpose of posting this shot? Ask yourself.
What are you trying to accomplish here on TPF?

This site isn't for crybabies and little boys and girls. It's a wealth of resource and no holds barred commentary. Use it or leave it but don't complain about it.

WOW! What an awesome shot! I *LOVE* it!!

Just don't add youtube to your ignore list and you will be ok...

yes, praying.....if you google "things not to miss when photographing a wedding," praying is on the list.....I just added about 5 people to my ignore list.
Did you follow up with nasty PM's?

You are slipping if you didn't.

It takes a very special person to call others out on what you deem to be "bad behaviour", and then behave much worse out of the publics eye.

Dang it....I feel lefted out!! No, nasty e-mails for me!!:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back