Brides Makeup/Flashes

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by rachlynn17, Aug 31, 2007.

1. rachlynn17

rachlynn17 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a wedding tomorrow, and the Bride just called me asking about makeup. She usually wears Bare Minerals, but a make-up artists just told her that it photographs horribly. I googled it, and only found a couple of discussions about it, (from models, not photographers) saying that through the camera, it looks grey and shiny.

-Has any one here had experience with Bare Minerals?

-The Bride wants to wear what she is comfortable with, what should I suggest?

2. amandakifer

amandakifer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have. This summer the bridesmaids, bride, mother of the bride all wore bare escentuals (this is the name brand and I do not know anything about the off brands). It worked out just fine. As long as she knows how to apply it she will be fine. I also use this brand and have not noticed a difference in pictures of me either. If she doesn't know how to apply it the makeup will show up in the pictures but that is true of most makeup.

3. wildmaven

wildmaven TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You might want to bring with you a sheer powder and a powder brush, just in case you notice shiny or grey areas. :)

4. CrazyAva

CrazyAva TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ok, I can say that many of the brides I have photographed lately did their own make up with that bare minerals and the photos were great, one girl had pimples EVERYWHERE and I was like oh lord this should be fun to edit, but that makeup was like reflective or something because every flaw was invisible. I did not have to edit a single thing on her. I think it's great makeup when applied correctly.

5. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It works with the camera very well.

6. Rebel Storm

Rebel Storm TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I personally wear bare escentuals. It is an awesome makeup. And yes, I photographed a girls (who also wears bare escentuals) Senior portraits and the makeup was not an issue.