Bridezilla!!!!

Good on you for dumping her.

I really do want you to update the thread with her reaction. Due to the lack of drama on this forum in the last few days, I'll take anything at this point
:lmao::lmao: you should watch Young & Restless for your fix!:p

*She did say adios to her? Good!:thumbup:

Let me try and recap (i'm bored at work heh):

You are running a photography business. You charged her $150 for her wedding and gave her a free shoot of her daughter's birthday. You charge on average say $1000 for weddings. She wants a free sitting that you are offering other people. For $150 she has a min of 45 shots she wants as musts.

She doesn't see photos as that important, but yet has had a flood of other demands from you, the low paid picture taker. You wrote to her, saying you wont be doing the wedding. She replied saying what the f*** b**ch, threatens to end the friendship, threatens to remove your husband from the bridal party, says your photos suck, hopes you dont get any more work and said that she will find someone else who will charge her less and be better.

She then apologizes for the swearing and the crap she said and your husband is still in the wedding party.

She then tells you that if YOU want to, feel free to bring your cameras and take some shots, and if you can spare a few for them, that would be nice (pity game /guilt trip anyone?) and throws in she wants to properly pay you for a shoot of her daughter, which is total BS.

This then moved on to "if you take pics at the wedding, I'll buy you a CD to put them on". Trying to weasel her way out of paying for them, play nice nice to get you to take some photos, and then pay $1 for a CD instead of $200ish for the wedding.

You offer her a compromise for $200, all day shooting, 10 of her choice images on a CD. She says thats too much for snapshots (getting back to "your pictures suck from early on).

She then says that she was counting on you to bring your camera for some decent shots and now you are screwing her over by not coming? While a few days ago she opened the door to "if you wanted to,..."

Talk about a roller coaster. You have plenty of fun ammmo here to write back to her if you choose to. Where in the "if you want, feel free to bring your camera, that would be cool" did she lead on that she was counting on your for your camera? Ask her to make up her mind whether your pictures are good, they suck and you shouldnt get any more work, do they are ok, to they are snapshots, to they are decent.
How has her search for someone better and cheaper than $150 been going?

She is a train wreck. I understand weddings are stressful, but really, moments of stress bring out the best/worst of a person...you usually see their true nature. She is a manipulator. She tries to play mind games, throwing in guilt, pity, threats and so on to get her way. Oh man, she must of been a real handful when she was a child...no wait, she still is.

I had to read through that twice because it's confusing even to me! Haha. Yes, she is a train wreck, but it's not just because of the wedding. She is like this all the time. Before I was hired to do the wedding photos, she would IM me on Facebook the second I popped on, wanted to babysit my son because my husband and I work odd hours, but when I told her I didn't want to drive the hour to her house, an hour back to work, another hour back to get him, then another hour back home plus pay her the $10 an hour she wanted, she got pissed and 'defriended' me on Facebook. she kept saying how it wasn't fair and she needed a job. That is my problem how? She is still a child who needs to grow up. I feel sorry for her husband who has to deal with the constant mood swings. I can't imagine what she was like while she was pregnant.

And the drama continues!!!

I received an email today:

"So I have heard that you are not coming to the wedding at all, which is now really screwing me over because I was counting on having your camera there for some decent shots instead of all of them being with the disposable cameras. Thanks a lot, some friend you are."

I am about ready to slap her across the face!!! (as unprofessional as that may be, I think the situation calls for a beat down. Lol)

What the f*ck? So after everything she expected you to shoot it for free as a guest and give her any shots she wanted?

I realize these are rednecks, but DAMN!

Did she make this video by any chance?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8[/ame]
I'm amazed she used the word 'spectrum' correctly:lmao:

I can't imagine what she was like while she was pregnant.

Oh dear Lord, she has a *child*?! :meh: That poor kid is going to grow up to be a bucket of nuts! :lol:

Whiny little thing just like her mama. When I did the shoot of her she wouldn't sit still, she kept whining and shoving food in her face. I think I got maybe 2 pictures that didn't have food in hand or in her mouth. She kept knocking my strobe over too. I was less than enthused with that.

Substantially raise your prices, so you can market to a different socio-economic demographic. :thumbup:

Substantially raise your prices, so you can market to a different socio-economic demographic. :thumbup:

...or at least pay for the pain.;)

On my way to raising my prices. I just bought a Nikkor 18-105mm VR and also an SB-600, so now I just have to learn how to use the speedlight properly and I will have all the equipment I need for now.

I was in desparate need for some comic relief, so I wanted to find this thread again. Glad to see it's still running and I have not been disappointed.

If it were ME in this situation, I would halt all talk about business, photos and quite frankly, the wedding. I would let the friendship reign and try to rebuild that instead. But then again, I have a very low threshold for stupidity, so there probably wouldn't be much of a friendship to salvage.

If in the coming months, things simmer down between the two of you and the conversation about the wedding and photos are brought up again, I would stand firm that you will NOT be bringing your camera to the ceremony. There's not enough money they could muster that would be worth the headaches. And trust me, there will be headaches for whoever takes the job.

Take your camera to the reception and take some nice moments where people are having fun. Print off a few of your best and GIVE them as a gift.

Good luck.

I was in desparate need for some comic relief, so I wanted to find this thread again. Glad to see it's still running and I have not been disappointed.

If it were ME in this situation, I would halt all talk about business, photos and quite frankly, the wedding. I would let the friendship reign and try to rebuild that instead. But then again, I have a very low threshold for stupidity, so there probably wouldn't be much of a friendship to salvage.

If in the coming months, things simmer down between the two of you and the conversation about the wedding and photos are brought up again, I would stand firm that you will NOT be bringing your camera to the ceremony. There's not enough money they could muster that would be worth the headaches. And trust me, there will be headaches for whoever takes the job.

Take your camera to the reception and take some nice moments where people are having fun. Print off a few of your best and GIVE them as a gift.

Good luck.

Funny thing is that she and I really aren't as great of friends as she seems to think that we are. She annoys the crap out of me whether we are talking business or just general life. She is a very needy person. My husband is friends with her fiance and has been since high school, so she is more a friend of a friend. I am not worried about building back a friendship where the only conversations were about how I should feel bad for her because she has no job and doesn't have to pay rent because her father pays it for her.

Funny thing is that she and I really aren't as great of friends as she seems to think that we are........
Easy peasy..... tell her to **** off. Let the boys worry about the drama, if any comes to mind.

Here you go for a little drama:

Here is my initial email that I wrote her and essentially what I said in the phone message too:

I don't think I will be shooting the wedding, for a few reasons. 1. There are a lot of photos to be taken from your list. It's going to be a long day. Long days and lots of photos equal many hours of post processing which can add up to quite a bit of money. 2. After adding all of your shots together, plus the time to do the wedding and the processing, plus a CD, it will end up over $400 and I understand that you guys don't have that in your budget, and that is okay (Trust me, I know all about money crap!). But doing something that requires that much work and then getting paid $100 for it including the prints, I will end up with $40. Not to sound greedy or anything but this is using hours of my day, not to mention creative fees and such, plus I need to buy equipment for this as well and equipment is not cheap. I can't sell myself short. I know that I haven't been to school or anything for this however I do believe that I have talent and while the home portrait shoot I did of Shauna didn't take that much time and effort, this will. Not to mention for all the shots you want I would have to bring on a second shooter and pay them as well. Sorry if this seems like it is greedy or whatever, but those are what I have come up with after calculating all these factors together.

Her response:

What the f*** b**ch? You told me that you were going to shoot my wedding and that it would be cheap. Over four hundred is not cheap by any means. Now I only have 7 months to find another photographer. You are leaving me in a f*cking ditch and I don't appreciate it. Don't expect us to be friends with you or Steve after this, he will be lucky if he even gets to be in the wedding. What is worth your time oh great one? Two shots? Would that be worth $100? I hope that you never find work again and if you do I feel sorry for those people. Get off your f**king pedestal, you aren't that great and your photos suck anyways. I am better off finding someone else and I am sure they will give me a fair price that is lower than yours. This is not your average wedding and I am not settling for crap so see you later. Thanks a lot b*tch.

Now keep in mind, this wedding is taking place in their hick town's town hall, not in a pretty church. No flowers, no decorations, nothing. The reception after is in their backyard in a trailer park (Not that there is anything wrong with trailer parks, it's actually quite nice) but the 'this is not your average wedding thing threw me into a fit of laughter.

Just send her email to the junk folder and move on. I think all this drama personally speaking happen when you mix friendship with work. I saw your site and you have some pretty good photos. So, don't let her or any one misdemeanor your work. Photography is an Art, and the beauty is the eye of the beholder. Her Loss you Won!. Ah, an next time make sure you get a contract signed!.

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
She pulls the spitting high tension wires down, Bridezilla!

Helpless people on subway trains
Scream "She's mean!" as she looks in on them, Bridezilla!

She picks up a bus and she throws it back down
As she wades through the buildings toward the center of town, Bridezilla

Oh no, they say she's got to go
Go go Bridezilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Manchester
Go go Bridezilla, yeah

Go go Bridezilla, yeah
Go go Bridezilla, yeah

Rinji news o moshiagemasu!
Rinji news o moshiagemasu!
Bridezilla ga Ginza hoomen e mukatte imasu!
Daishkyu hinan ****e kudasai!
Daishkyu hinan ****e kudasai!
(Attention, emergency news!
Attention, emergency news!
Bridezilla is going toward the Manchester area!
Immediately escape, catch up, find shelter please!
Immediately escape, catch up, find shelter please!)

Go go Bridezilla, yeah
Go go Bridezilla, yeah

History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men
Bridezilla!(4x)

^^^ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

for reference purposes only..... I present to those too young to know...... BOC

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T65rW_SIzg0[/ame]

Most reactions

New Topics