Bridge at sunset

PhilosophyAskew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new here and this is my first post. Thanks for looking. I'm using a Nikon D80 with the 18-135mm lens and a tripod with a wireless remote.

32mm
1.8s
f/22
iso 100

00052.jpg

Fantastic first post! It's a great shot... the perfect time of day for shooting! Welcom to the forum :thumbup:

Great shot! BTW, is that the Walnut Street footbridge in Chattanooga....world's longest footbridge?

No it's actually the Mississippi River Bridge in Baton Rouge, La. Thanks for all the complements guys. I'm glad to be a part of this site.

Very nice... I love the colors... Is there a way you can teach me? Maybe the next time I go out to take pictures I'll bring a video camera with me that I'll stream for you to watch me take a picture... Hmmmm... that might work... lol

The original picture wasn't as colorful. The secret to pulling out that orange for this particular shot lies in the post processing. I just bumped up the color in the Picture Project (came with the camera). I was actually in a hurry to capture this; i was supposed to be their sooner to catch the sun on it's way down but my neighbor needed a quick favor first. I arrived with only about about 5 minutes to work with and was lucky enough to catch a decent shot before it was too dark. It's fairly easy to do just set you aperture to about f/22 in aperture priority mode and use a tripod, after a little processing you've got a nice capture. Good luck. If you have any questions just holler.

Cool shot...great tones. Welcome to the phorum.:hug::

great shot and beautiful color

That Mississippi Bridge in Baton Rouge is a BEAUTIFUL bridge... I mean it has always been beautiful, but you make it look even better ... a lot better ... and although it shows that you "helped" the colours just a little, I don't mind .... I like the deeply saturated evening sky.

Oh, have I said Welcome to ThePhotoForum before? No? OK, I mean it. Post more photos of the kind, will you. They are eye candy!

beautiful colours and a wonderful shot

Most reactions

Back