Bridge Collapse: The Aftermath

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a trip down to the area of the collapse today, they had a very large area caution taped off, so i tried focusing more on the people who were in the area.

hill.jpg

2. looking closely , you can see that the bridge is lined with people looking at the remains of the 35W bridge
stonearch2.jpg

stonearch.jpg

peopleonhill.jpg

memorialsig.jpg

6.and here's the best shot of the bridge i could get-

bridge-1.jpg

oh thats a bummer u couldnt get closer...u can borrow my sigma haha. I am actually suprised at the amount of people there especially on that other bridge. Its pretty crazy that this event happened and i like the shot of that lady walking nice job

Great series. I was wondering when someone was going to post some shots of that. The lady on the bridge is killer, and I like the shot of the people on the abutment near the grain silos. Oh, and it looks like you've got a good zoom. I assume that last shot was taken from the Stone Arch bridge?

phil- i was shooting at 400mm (200 with 2X teleconverter) but your lens might have made it a bit sharper...,

neal- thanks for your comment! someone else DID post photos of this already (photos which are better than mine) but i dont remember where they are, try checking the photojournalism gallery.
and yes, i was on the stone arch bridge

umm yeah i think, the thing with the spiral path up it

any other comments, critiques??

I went down there today to, it was pretty wild. I took some shots and found some places where I could get close to the bridge. A bike is the best way to get around. I will post some pictures in a couple hours as I have to go to work here soon.

what side were you on? west or east? the closest i could find was by the guthrie

A bridge collapsed here in CT like 10 years ago and my dad knows one of the guys who got hurt in it, he was 5 min before the bridge when it collapsed, freaky stuff.

Nice pics tho, lots of emotion.

ok, last bump, then i'm giving this thread up...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back