Bridge Detail

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another class project for me, this time, "Vantage Point". This is looking up at a draw bridge crossing the Cuyahoga River through downtown Cleveland.

I shot this with my Mamiya M645 with Ilford Delta 100, and printed it on Ilford RC variable contrast paper, for 16 seconds at f/11, and a #3 contrast filter.

I've very impressed with the amount of detail and sharpness that the 6x4.5 negative holds. This was a lot of fun :)

bridge_detail.jpg

cool..... the detail is great, being able to see every mark and scratch, i bet the original is even better......:thumbup:

Matt-

here are some I did in last spring of a brige...it is weird how similiar these are to yours....

normal_pics293.jpg

normal_pics297.jpg

normal_pics298.jpg

Thanks everyone. Once again, the scan does not do the print justice, but this is a much better scan than my previous post :p

Cool shots Jeepnut. Looks like the same sort of bridge.

Matt, I really like this shot. I have to ask, where was your focal point in the original? I have been obsessed with focal points lately for some reason and would love to see where yours was on this shot. Nice work.

Thank you Cheyenne :)

Thanks Allen. The actual focus point is just at the "x" of the big cross beams. My intent was to have some out of focus areas on the beam that starts in the bottom left corner, and have your eye drawn to the focus point at the cross.

For future reference Matt, Allen Ginsberg is a writter/poet! I am just mediocre photographer Drew. :D But thanks for the reply, I can see it now!

I love this. JEEZ, you're my new favorite photographer. :D

Most reactions

Back