Bridge Detail

Digital Matt said:
I shot this with my Mamiya M645 with Ilford Delta 100, and printed it on Ilford RC variable contrast paper, for 16 seconds at f/11, and a #3 contrast filter.
Wow. Matt's using analog now? 'Scuse me while I duck the pigs flying in my living room :lol:. Anyways, how'd you come up with that exposure time at that f-stop? I always just "wing" it, which might explain why most of my pictures suck:p.

sthvtsh said:
I love this. JEEZ, you're my new favorite photographer. :D

Thank you, you are too kind.

how'd you come up with that exposure time at that f-stop? I always just "wing" it, which might explain why most of my pictures suck

The exposure for the print? I made a test print by covering the print, and exposing sections of it for 2 seconds each. I probably exposed 15 sections so I had a range of densities from 2 seconds to 30 seconds to choose from, and then picked the closest one as a starting point. Then you make a print, and refine it from there.

Digital Matt said:
The exposure for the print? I made a test print by covering the print, and exposing sections of it for 2 seconds each. I probably exposed 15 sections so I had a range of densities from 2 seconds to 30 seconds to choose from, and then picked the closest one as a starting point. Then you make a print, and refine it from there.

Ah, yes. Exposure for the print. Sorry, I didn't read the post right :er:. For some reason I thought you were talking about the exposure for the film, not for the print.:p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back