Bright and sunny C&C Please

Boutte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
BelleChasse La. (About ten miles south of New Orle
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are afew pics I took yesterday in the Frech Quarter. It very hot and sunny so I wound up with a lot of clipping. Some of them came out ok after a little processing. Tell me what you think.

IMG_2610a.jpg

IMG_2591a.jpg

Notice there is no detail in the white shirt and cap.
IMG_2590.jpg

How could I have made the figure in the window stand out more? I know I do it with Gimp but it would be difficult and probably look fake.
IMG_2580cSm.jpg

#1 - Here you can see why shooting at mid-day is not recommended...strong contrast between light and shadows...light areas are blown and shadows have no detail in them. You might want to look into ND (neutral density) filters. The branch on the upper right is distracting.

#2 - If the shoes are the main subject, you should have gotten closer to fill the frame up with them. The stool, man's legs and feet, box with polish are all distractions.

#3 - It's a nice capture-the-moment shot but kinda ho-hum...try shooting from a different point of view to make the shot more dramatic.

#4 - Needs to be straightened. What kind of PP work did you do to this image? Almost looks over processed.

Most reactions

Back