Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A conversion...

brighteyes.jpg

... do you like it?

Her eyes certainly hold your attention, probably in a way that says "That's close enough" - don't take this the wrong way, it reminds me of the sort of gaze you'd get from a wolf. Technically, the only comment I'd make is that the left side of her face needs some fill in light as, the line across her cheek is quite noticeable - perhaps a small Lastolite needs to be included in your bag.

Looms good to me, I like the shadow and think it might be even nicer if you really brought it out. To me this photo looks like something off a horrr movie film jacket.

I like this shot very much. I do however have a couple of minor crits. I would try to smooth out or clone the shadow line under her eye. Also, I think the contrast/brightness could be a little stronger. Lastly, I think this could benefit from softening just a tad. I would love to see this in color so that I get the full effect of the eyes!

Nice job Corrina! :thumbup:

NJ

Best thing would be to show you the totally undoctored original then, and probably give you the right to edit this one for a change. Just hang on. I'll get it for you.

OK, this is the direct RAW-to-jpeg-conversion pic, no walk through PS:

119fromrawtojpegwebsize.jpg

It is the downsized version, of course, which makes editing a bit difficult. If you would want to work with a bigger version, we could arrange I post it to you via e-mail.

I don't really want this thread of mine die a slow death as yet...
Chris, D-50, NJMAN --- any of you who suggested I do other things with the photo wants to "play" with the original?

I'd love to help on this one, but my cloning skills are precisely zero, having never tried it before. Now if you're looking for something Picasso would appreciate, then I'm probably your man, but I suspect that's not what you're looking for.

So you say you like it just as it is, lockwood?
I would like to enhance the eyes just a tad, and make the skin softer, but my "plays" with the colour version did not turn out the way I wanted, hence the conversion (and further "play").
Chris - Picasso???
Well, isn't he famous?
Why not try to step into his shoes :wink: :wink: :wink: !?!?!?

do you have your heart set on a lack and white version of this LaFoto?

i will try a couple of edits on this myself but it wont be for a couple of days, as i am busy with work at the moment

I don't really want this thread of mine die a slow death as yet...
Chris, D-50, NJMAN --- any of you who suggested I do other things with the photo wants to "play" with the original?

Hi Corrina,

Sorry I didnt get back to you right away on this. Here is a quick edit that I did to liven up the eyes a bit and smooth out the shadow line under the left eye. What do you think?

119fromrawtojpegwebsize_edit2.jpg

do you have your heart set on a black and white version of this LaFoto?

No. Not at all.
I love her green eyes, and I love how the sun lit them up, that is why I said to her: "Hey, stop there for a while and let me take a photo!"

And NJMAN, thank you so for the edit. How on earth did you get the eyes THIS shiny!?!

And NJMAN, thank you so for the edit. How on earth did you get the eyes THIS shiny!?!

In photoshop, I just did some cloning to get rid of the shadow line on the whites of the eyes, then I dodged the eyes a bit with 10% opacity a few times, and then sharped the irises with a bit of unsharp mask.

No. Not at all.
I love her green eyes, and I love how the sun lit them up, that is why I said to her: "Hey, stop there for a while and let me take a photo!"

that's what i was thinking, it would be a shame to hide in mono such distinctive eyes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back