Brighton Pier

triggerhappy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
My brother has been at uni in brighton for over a year now. Since I only live about an hour away, I figured it was about time that I visited him. Here are a few photos from the trip.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Hehe nice, I like the first one!

I like taking brighton pear to, we probably been shooting at the same time LMAO

Great shots. I love the colours in the second one, and the composition of that one is great too. I didn't know Brighton Pier was back up and running!

I love the second shot... I like shots with lots of negative space and this one rocks! It's a total reverse on how people would normally shoot a pier, with the whole thing in shot and a little bit of sea.... Brilliantly thought out!

There are both strong compositionally. I really like the colors in the second.

Wow from somebody who aspires to take great b&w, I love to see photos like your first.

I also think the colours in #2 are amazing.

IMO, a couple of beautys. :thumbsup:

That first picture was shocking- the right amount of contrast, the perfect moody cloud setting, the pier's shadow on the water is foreboding, and the title "Brighton Pier" is well placed, perfectly lit, and contrasted beatifully against its dark buildings.

This is an EXCELLENT shot, worthy of being framed.

The only downside is the flock of birds- easily removed in GIMP or photoshop.

Scurra said:
I love the second shot... I like shots with lots of negative space and this one rocks! It's a total reverse on how people would normally shoot a pier, with the whole thing in shot and a little bit of sea.... Brilliantly thought out!

:thumbup:

Replic said:
The only downside is the flock of birds- easily removed in GIMP or photoshop.

That's interesting, I was thinking how the birds gave it a lot of character. It would be a loss to PS that out, gives a hitchcock feeling w/ the black and white and moodiness. I like the contrast in the first photo and the lights are a nice eye catch as they twinkle in various spots. None are too closeley placed. The offset of the pier seems just right, the composition is nice in this one.

I think they're both just lovely. I like the second as much as the first. I find the contradiction of color and life on the one side and serenety and limitted palet on the other very pleasing. I particularly like that you caught the sailboat out there, it would have seemed a bit empty without it. The composition is good. The colors are just great with that beautiful seafoam green ocean and the candy like carnival.

I love both of these. A+

Wow, thanks everyone!

Artemis, so do you live near there? Its funny, I'd always imagined you lived in the US. Not sure why. Have you tried taking any pictures of the old pier? I think there could be some great photo opps there.

Force of nature - thanks for pointing out the horizon thing. I've nevery been any good at seeing straight lines :)

Jess, I agree with you about the birds. I think they are a really big part of the pier and it would be a shame to loose them.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to comment :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back