British Columbia's Wild things

Marea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are shots that I've taken just minutes from my doorstep (the orca was a 5 min boat ride from my back porch /dock).

Please feel free to critique/edit/comment :)

Thank you!

60a-SnoozingStellarSeaLions.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

ocean37.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Wow, wow, wow!!!! LUCKY you!!! :O)

I especially like the first one...though it would be nice if their adorable wee-little faces were clear! Nice job!

....And welcome!!!

Wow, wow, wow!!!! LUCKY you!!! :O)

I especially like the first one...though it would be nice if their adorable wee-little faces were clear! Nice job!

....And welcome!!!

I actually have a shot taken from closer that was much more clear (the sea was rough that day and it was hard to hold my cam steady) but I can't for the life of me find it. If I do come across it I'll post it here.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

The Orca shot is special too! Lucky you to have this wildlife so close to where you live

^^^ Heh heh, polar bears are in the northern hemisphere only (and penguins are from the southern hemisphere), so never the twain shall meet!!

I did see Orcas when I was in Antarctica, but they were off in the distance. Whereas the humpbacks came right up close to us, even when we were in the zodiacs. It is awesome and humbling to be so close to whales. And of course the seals are terribly cute, with their big dark eyes. What kind are the ones in your pictures? Fur seals?

Damn you! I have been trying to see (let alone photograph) an orca my whole life. I specifically took ferries in BC and Alaska so that I might have the chance to see one. No luck yet. All I can do is look at the tattoo of the orca on my back every once and a while.

The look on the face of the last grey (?) seal is classic!

^^^ Heh heh, polar bears are in the northern hemisphere only (and penguins are from the southern hemisphere), so never the twain shall meet!!

I did see Orcas when I was in Antarctica, but they were off in the distance. Whereas the humpbacks came right up close to us, even when we were in the zodiacs. It is awesome and humbling to be so close to whales. And of course the seals are terribly cute, with their big dark eyes. What kind are the ones in your pictures? Fur seals?
They are harbor seals and cute as lil' buttons. A very dear friend of mine owns a whale watching company so I have hundreds of orca shots due to the number of amazing opportunities I've had to go and see these spectacular beasts in their own environment. I love humpbacks too (we have some that migrate off our coast as well) spectacular creatures aren't they??? *happy sigh*... I kinda knew that bout the penguin/polar bear thing ( i was more making a funny ha ha)... What brought you to the Antarctic?

Damn you! I have been trying to see (let alone photograph) an orca my whole life. I specifically took ferries in BC and Alaska so that I might have the chance to see one. No luck yet. All I can do is look at the tattoo of the orca on my back every once and a while.

The look on the face of the last grey (?) seal is classic!

There are certain months that orcas are more predominant here off the coast of BC due to Salmon migration - if you're really set on seeing them contact a local whale watching company via email and they'll be able to tell you the best time to make your journey out to see them.

Best of luck to you!

Most reactions

Back