Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Britt Rodgers_11-19-20140209.jpg

Britt Rodgers_11-19-20140221.jpg

Britt Rodgers_11-19-20140227.jpg

Britt Rodgers_11-19-20140407.jpg

(This one was an outtake, but we ended up keeping it for fun, ha.)
Britt Rodgers_11-19-20140419.jpg

Britt Rodgers_11-19-20140434.jpg

Britt Rodgers_11-19-20140455.jpg

her face expression in the 1st 2 looks kinda funny to me :icon_cyclops_ani:

I think I liked the set with Morgan much better, the lighting and poses were more flattering.

If I had to pick 2 faves, I would say 6 & 10. The model's expression and posture don't seem relaxed, and just don't seem very flattering ... maybe it's the eye makeup, or the facial jewelry (but that could be personal taste, I don't like the look of facial jewelry in general). The first set the lighting seems kind of clinical. In the second set her hairstyle seems a little ... rectangular? In the third set, the exposure seems a little hot.

In #5 her bust seems to dominate the shot.

I think my overall fave is #6 ... it seems the most warm and genuine. And 10 looks very relaxed and genuine.

I think I liked the set with Morgan much better, the lighting and poses were more flattering.

If I had to pick 2 faves, I would say 6 & 10. The model's expression and posture don't seem relaxed, and just don't seem very flattering ... maybe it's the eye makeup, or the facial jewelry (but that could be personal taste, I don't like the look of facial jewelry in general). The first set the lighting seems kind of clinical. In the second set her hairstyle seems a little ... rectangular? In the third set, the exposure seems a little hot.

In #5 her bust seems to dominate the shot.

I think my overall fave is #6 ... it seems the most warm and genuine. And 10 looks very relaxed and genuine.

*Madison :lol:

And thank you for your detailed feedback. :sexywink:

Also... as far as the hair/makeup go...

This is a very good case of why it's important to have an H/MUA on set.

I usually never shoot without one, but this was a special circumstance, where I gave her a huge cut on pricing, and as a result cut out a lot of things I would usually offer a client.

(This was a friend I was helping out. I wouldn't normally do that sort of thing.)

And for the record... I agree with you. I spent A LOT of time cleaning up makeup and hair, believe it or not. Haha.

her face expression in the 1st 2 looks kinda funny to me :icon_cyclops_ani:
Funny how?

It's just funny to me because it reminds me of the face expression my son makes when he pretends to be mad. It's a little hard to explain but if I ever get a picture of him doing it, i'll show you and you will laugh.

Also... as far as the hair/makeup go...

This is a very good case of why it's important to have an H/MUA on set.

I usually never shoot without one, but this was a special circumstance, where I gave her a huge cut on pricing, and as a result cut out a lot of things I would usually offer a client.

(This was a friend I was helping out. I wouldn't normally do that sort of thing.)
I think these are all great shots. Thanks for sharing.

If you have time, could you describe some of the lighting scenarios and how you set them up? Reflector, 1 or 2 flash, etc.

Another enjoyable post, Em. I really like the first one, and the middle set. I think I've learned to appreciate (if not like) some of the seeming contemporary trends, including ultra-tight (or over) crops. That said, I'm not sold on the last one - I think it's a bit too much off the left - I feel she needs a tiny bit of breathing room.

I luv 1-3!
The posing is fabulous!
7 and 10 are really nice too.
Aaaaand I really like 4 and 5.

Where you're getting her to laugh and pulling out real emotion, they are great. The first two she almost looks confused.

3 & 5!

Smiles always win.

Most reactions

Back