"Britta", the storm

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by LaFoto, Nov 1, 2006.

1. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    A big low pressure area is bringing us stormy weather on this 1 November.

This is what my camera saw of it this morning (first three pics once again out of my husband's study window in first floor facing east):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I went to the upper landing window that faces west across the street and other neighbour's gardens, and I stayed with a very small aperture (f22) and slow pics to capture the wind as blurred bushes or trees or the neighbour's flag:

[​IMG]

And do you see that tree on the far right here which sports some beautiful autumn colours? Well, I then tried to capture "the wind" in the movement of this tree, using exposures of 1 second or so, and as long as the camera was in this (horizontal) mode on the tripod, it worked more or less ok:

[​IMG]

... although I am now no longer sure I am really happy with the result of the motion blurred bush.

But then I tried to take vertical photos of that bush ... go to the BLOOPERS for all of those! (Stupid tripod - cheap and light - and STUPID!) :irked: :grumpy:

2. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Interesting concept with the wind- makes me look forward to some rotten weather here.

3. Dan28607

Dan28607 TPF Noob!

Yep^^^. I like um.