Broken Bulb

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC_0209.jpg

55 mm Nikon microlens, D40x, photoedited in Elements

could you expand on what your reasoning was for taking this shot?
as paul said, it;s very OOF.

why did you post this??

If you only have the built-in flash, find a way to diffuse it. A couple folds of tissue paper, a plain white business card to bounce, but then again, the light source reflectng could be your kitchen's ceiling light. It appears to suffer from camera shake. If you're in the macro ratios, try to not have the apeture less than f/8. The focal plane of macros is razor thin and you will need to get as much DoF as you can for subjects such as this. Typically, I shoot macro in the f/11 to f/16 range.... plus an external flash.

It's at ISO1600 ... I'm betting you had the camera on auto. You might want to try Program instead of auto.

Of course, it's also 1/15"... kind of surprising the camera did that. That shutter time probably accounts at least in part for the blurriness (camera shake). Handheld you generally can't take a picture at anything slower than 1/30th of a second, and usually something around 1/xx where xx is a number greater than your focal length... so a 100mm focal length would be like 1/100th of a second or better. (again to avoid camera shake)

why did you post this??
I have poor eyesight. I did not realize this when I saw it in my Elements because it was so small. It was haphazard posting. sorry. But it was a good subject. Saw it in the kitchen. My brother was fixing it.

It's at ISO1600 ... I'm betting you had the camera on auto. You might want to try Program instead of auto.

Of course, it's also 1/15"... kind of surprising the camera did that. That shutter time probably accounts at least in part for the blurriness (camera shake). Handheld you generally can't take a picture at anything slower than 1/30th of a second, and usually something around 1/xx where xx is a number greater than your focal length... so a 100mm focal length would be like 1/100th of a second or better. (again to avoid camera shake)

It was in auto, yep. But I don't know my camera. It took a long time for the shutter to release. Maybe 1/2 of a second. I try to recall everything. Yep. Now I realize why it turned this way. Thanks manaheim.

I have poor eyesight. I did not realize this when I saw it in my Elements because it was so small. It was haphazard posting. sorry. But it was a good subject. Saw it in the kitchen. My brother was fixing it.
Even if this picture was in focus I wouldn't think much of it...just not that interesting.

Even if this picture was in focus I wouldn't think much of it...just not that interesting.

I think having just the word "RISK" in focus might have made it a little interesting.

There is potential with this, however, I would strongly suggest you preview your own pictures instead of posting them up "haphazard"ly.

With actual focus, different angle, good DOF...

Most reactions

Back