Broken Light

Geronimo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
011005.jpg

lay into it please! Remember this is the Critique Gallery and not the nice pic! gallery.

/drunk

I can't really, It looks really good, the only thing I would say is it looks as if either u have dust on your sensor or noise reduction is on, cos you have 3 blobs at the top of the image.

Other than that it's a really sweet photo.

When looking at this photo the main point of interest is the sunset (from my POV anyway). Composition wise the foreground doesn't add anything to me. I would try a more panormaic crop right above the larger piece of ice/stone that is sticking up on the left hand side...maybe even crop out the section of open water above that.

The trouble if he panoramas it like that is that it just ends up a big sunset - my thoughts are the rock and pool in the front add interest and re-emphasise the cold of the landscape. IMHO>

I'm with the duck on this one I think if you lost the landscape you might just lose the focus of the image into a big sunset. I like the rock at the front and the way the colour from the sun is reflected on the ice/water.

nice pic!!! :D i really like the shot the way it is....

however, i think the sunset is overstated actually (cliche, if possible) i'd crop it at the horizon or leave a sliver of sky before the brilliant sun, thus getting rid of the sun all together... the image still maintains the sunset, because you have the fire in the water & ice reflections... so we know it's there, but it's just not jumping out and punching you in the face now :)

Just beyond the "pool" the area become somewhat uninteresting to me, until you get to the sun. Aside from the little reflection.

I'm up in the air about this one. In some ways I like this picture because it gives a very serine feeling when you look at it. I like the field of ice that is lain in front of the lens. On the other side of the coin, I don't really like how it's lacking a definite subject. I find myself wandering around the picture looking for something to focus on. I've looked at it a dozen times and can still not think of any other way that I would've done it.

I think the foreground makes this shot. The sunset adds nicely to it.

Gives me a feeling of cold beauty. Good shot.

I kind of agree with jadin in that it would be good to see this shot with a sharp background as well as foreground.

Ok now that I have sobered up and awake I can respond to the comments.

@Scurra
There was some dust on the sensor or when edited I got happy with a piece of clone for some reason. Most likely the dust.

@Duck
thanks mate.

@Alison
I was hoping the stream and ice chunk and pool of water would add foreground interest. Panos of a sunset just seem cliche and I was looking to show the icey sunsets from my town.

@meotter
Overstated? You mean blown out? I didnt have the right filter and the digita didnt capture any detail there. I think if I removed it that it would not showcase the colors in the snow and water as well. I will have to crop it and see how it looks.

@tmpadmin and angelikmermaid
Thanks for the comment and thought

@jadin
I noticed I was out of focus a tad bit when I got home and looked at the photo. I turned to get the focus right as wide as possible. I do agree with your assement though.

@hobbes
Thanks. I was hoping the stream would come out more but then I lost the details in the ice and the sun started to get really blown out.

@Rhubarb
Thank you.

Really really nice pic!!

The only thing I would say is that it would have been nice to keep the horizon and the rock at "rule of thirds" layout - although that may not have been possible.

Most reactions

Back