Bronica shutter issue

grokglock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My ETRS recently started acting funny, the shutter will intermittently either lag then fire or will not fire at all, sometimes it works normally. However I have noticed when it lags or does not fire if I turn/rotate the lens slightly the shutter will fire every time.

Is this a problem with the body or the lens? Should I just buy a new lens?

I'm not the most knowledgeable person in this field (by far), but it sounds to me like there's a "safety" feature built in that doesn't allow shooting without a lens, and it's a bit loose. Does this happen with other lenses? I suppose I should ask if you HAVE other lenses first, but yeah. If it were my camera, I'd try some other lenses first before digging into the camera body.

What's not "firing?" The body's mirror/baffle or the leaf shutter in the lens? Check for dirty/misaligned contacts on the lens+body. Battery OK?

I do not have another lens unfortunately to test. The leaf shutter inside the lens is what does not function properly always, the mirror works perfectly in the body. I tried a new battery today and same issue.

What's not "firing?" The body's mirror/baffle or the leaf shutter in the lens? Check for dirty/misaligned contacts on the lens+body. Battery OK?

Most reactions

Back