Bronica stuff

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by nealjpage, Nov 2, 2006.

1. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So, I was gonna buy a Bronica ETRSi but I have been seeing a lot of Bronica SQ 6x6 cameras on eBay lately that have been going really cheap. I think I'd prefer the 6x6 over the 6x4.5, so I'm leaning towards the SQ. The real question here has to do with interchangability: Will lenses for the ETRS series also fir the SQ and vice-versa? Thanks, guys.:mrgreen:

2. Torus34

Torus34 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm afraid I can't tell you about lens interchangeability. However, I did some digging into information on the Bronicas and it appears that there are some real image-quality differences between various series of lenses.

3. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Apparently you can get into medium format photography on Ebay for less than 35mm. I just bought a (claimed to be) mint condition Mamiya 645E with 120 insert and 80mm lens for $278. You can't get much of a point and shoot digicam for that. The 645E is the entry level unit but it is a current model and sells for around $1500 new. I'll use it to shoot E6 which I can scan to digital for what I think will be some nice results.

I think I'll go shopping for a wide angle lens and see what I can find for $100 or so. It's amazing. Who knows, medium format photography may be on the rise again thanks to ridiculous prices.

4. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Photos OK to edit
    Core, can you move this over to the equipment review forum? I think I posted it in the wrong place. Thanks.
    scott

5. Steph

Steph No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Unfortunately there is no interchangeability between the ETRS and SQ cameras. Lenses are specific to each camera.

From what I have read somewhere else, the build quality of the SQ is better than that of the ETRS but I cannot say for sure as I have only used the SQ.