Bronica stuff

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I was gonna buy a Bronica ETRSi but I have been seeing a lot of Bronica SQ 6x6 cameras on eBay lately that have been going really cheap. I think I'd prefer the 6x6 over the 6x4.5, so I'm leaning towards the SQ. The real question here has to do with interchangability: Will lenses for the ETRS series also fir the SQ and vice-versa? Thanks, guys.:mrgreen:

I'm afraid I can't tell you about lens interchangeability. However, I did some digging into information on the Bronicas and it appears that there are some real image-quality differences between various series of lenses.

Apparently you can get into medium format photography on Ebay for less than 35mm. I just bought a (claimed to be) mint condition Mamiya 645E with 120 insert and 80mm lens for $278. You can't get much of a point and shoot digicam for that. The 645E is the entry level unit but it is a current model and sells for around $1500 new. I'll use it to shoot E6 which I can scan to digital for what I think will be some nice results.

I think I'll go shopping for a wide angle lens and see what I can find for $100 or so. It's amazing. Who knows, medium format photography may be on the rise again thanks to ridiculous prices.

Core, can you move this over to the equipment review forum? I think I posted it in the wrong place. Thanks.
scott

nealjpage said:
The real question here has to do with interchangability: Will lenses for the ETRS series also fir the SQ and vice-versa?

Unfortunately there is no interchangeability between the ETRS and SQ cameras. Lenses are specific to each camera.

From what I have read somewhere else, the build quality of the SQ is better than that of the ETRS but I cannot say for sure as I have only used the SQ.

Most reactions

Back