Bronze-ish Black and White Effect

plentygood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried some light searching for this, but didn't return much because I wasn't really sure what to look for. How do people achieve the bronze-like effect in pictures like the one below? I've tried a few different ways to convert to BW and can't figure out how to get it to be more than simple BW. Is it monochrome (I've heard that word thrown around with BW). Sorry, I usually don't like BW and have like next to no experience with it. Any help, advice, or links are appreciated!

http://www.pbase.com/chuckmaceda/image/94040089.jpg

Search sepia, i'm guessing thats what your looking for.

Nick

the simplest way to achieve it is form a new layer in photoshop after your done with the b&w conversion, fill it with the color shade you want then change he opacity on that layer till it matches the intensity your looking for. I'm sure there are other ways but this is the easiest as far as I know.

Nick

that photo looks more brown toned than sepia, at least on my monitor.

there are plug ins that will do it for you, and there may be some free actions out there as well.

and as the above message states you can use your editing software to create whatever tone you wish.

that photo looks more brown toned than sepia, at least on my monitor.

there are plug ins that will do it for you, and there may be some free actions out there as well.

and as the above message states you can use your editing software to create whatever tone you wish.

:thumbup:

That looks like the creamtone preset in LR.

Looks like antique in lightroom 2. Then add more black...

With a duplicate of your image open in Photoshop, open a Gradient Map adjustment layer and make sure the color pallet is set to the default black foregound and white background.
Then click on Image > Mode > Grayscale to make that layer a grayscale layer. When asked , click on Flatten. Then when asked about color, click Discard.

Now go back and click on Image > Mode > Duotone. You can now make duotones, tritones and quadtones or use any of the many Presets at the top of the page.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back