otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From Grand Army Plaza
DSC05488.jpg

I love the juxtaposition of the expensive housing vs the fast food.

I really, really want to see the full McDonald's sign!

No. You got style. I find that building fascinating (is it at St. John's Place?), but I wouldn't have thought to shoot it like that.

I love the juxtaposition of the expensive housing vs the fast food.

I really, really want to see the full McDonald's sign!
Thanks! I'd like to say I cropped it that way to have the old McDonald sign just edging in to remind one of old Brooklyn, as the water tank on the right does, but it was actually the edge of the frame.

No. You got style. I find that building fascinating (is it at St. John's Place?), but I wouldn't have thought to shoot it like that.
Thank you, Matt. I'm not sure of the street the building is on, but I was in the Farmer's Market. BTW, when I saw the price of potatoes there I decided the d7500 is a bargain and will be ordering one this week.

Last edited:
Yeah. It looks like 1 Grand Army Plaza, at St. John's Place (just looked it up (I could be wrong). But I can't figure out the sight like to get the golden arches in the picture. It's coo, AND I don't know how you did it! :)

Yeah. It looks like 1 Grand Army Plaza, at St. John's Place (just looked it up (I could be wrong). But I can't figure out the sight like to get the golden arches in the picture. It's coo, AND I don't know how you did it! :)
Not to be a spoil sport, but I was being a sleuth on Google Earth. Looks like the building is not directly in Grand Army Plaza. Very close, though!

The McDonald's is at the corner of Vanderbilt Ave and Atlantic Ave. The building is on Clinton Ave...

The image below is a little rough, but pretty darn cool. :smile:

McDonalds and Building.jpg

i
I just checked the data on the shot and was going to tell you that it was taken with my zoom at fifty mm from near the organic section of the market . . .but then I read Waday's message and saw the photo he inUnlcluded and now I have to conclude I took the shot after we left the market. Unlike my avatar, my face is quite red. Sorry.

Not to be a spoil sport, but I was being a sleuth on Google Earth. Looks like the building is not directly in Grand Army Plaza. Very close, t hough!

The McDonald's is at the corner of Vanderbilt Ave and Atlantic Ave. The building is on Clinton Ave...

View attachment 146668
As I wrote to Matt, my face is red, and my memory quite fallible. I must have taken it after we left the market. Or else it could be an alternate fact . . .

Not to be a spoil sport, but I was being a sleuth on Google Earth. Looks like the building is not directly in Grand Army Plaza. Very close, t hough!

View attachment 146668
As I wrote to Matt, my face is red, and my memory quite fallible. I must have taken it after we left the market. Or else it could be an alternate fact . . .
Everyone's memory is fallible, your face shouldn't be red. :) It's an easy mistake, especially when visiting several areas.

It's a great image

Most reactions

Back