Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis)

dolina

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis) by alabang, on Flickr

The Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis) is a tree kingfisher found in the Philippines. This kingfisher is a resident over much of its range, although some populations may make short distance movements. It can often be found well away from water where it feeds on a wide range of prey that includes small reptiles, amphibians, crabs, small rodents and even birds. During the breeding season they call loudly in the mornings from prominent perches including the tops of buildings in urban areas or on wires.

Source: White-throated kingfisher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Location: Doña Remedios Trinidad, Bulacan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

by alabang, on Flickr

Upon the recommendation of a user I have desaturated my bird as it was generating blown highlights and false colors.

The motion blur of the bird flipping the crustacean was caused by my 1/200 shutter speed. If given a chance to do it again I would increase it to 1/500.

I posted the slightly out of focus image because I felt that the subject matter of the bird eating was stronger and conveyed a compelling story.

by alabang, on Flickr

Upon the recommendation of a user I have desaturated my bird as it was generating blown highlights and false colors.

The motion blur of the bird flipping the crustacean was caused by my 1/200 shutter speed. If given a chance to do it again I would increase it to 1/500.

I posted the slightly out of focus image because I felt that the subject matter of the bird eating was stronger and conveyed a compelling story.

Thank you for sharing. I appreciate seeing something I may never have the opportunity to see in nature.

Another beautiful creature!

Thanks for the nomiantion Jaca, zombie and tired

Most reactions

Back